Senior Engineering Manager at StackHawk (Remote)
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager, looking for an opportunity to help build a world-class engineering team at a fast-growing startup? Do you love building and leading effective engineering teams, coaching engineers to reach new levels of excellence, and delivering against an ambitious product roadmap? Can you get excited about revolutionizing application security? Are you willing to tolerate ridiculous bird puns? If you answered “yes!” to all of these questions, you should keep reading about an exciting opportunity at StackHawk.The Role
StackHawk’s Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help lead and grow our team. In this crucial role, you will partner closely with our Head of Engineering to help oversee the day-to-day operations of the StackHawk engineering team and help define a growth plan for the organization. Together, you will help grow and evolve the team, establish the process, practices and culture to enable building a rapidly growing business, delivering an incredible product and creating a world-class place to work.
Great organizations aren’t built in a day, and they don’t happen by accident. They take time, intentional planning, thoughtful execution and an openness to learn, adjust and iterate. This is a unique opportunity to have a huge impact in how we grow our team into a great organization at an ambitious, growing company. Hopefully that’s something that gets you excited!What You’ll Do
- Oversee and coach software engineers to deliver excellent outcomes.
- Build and lead multiple teams, overseeing the day-to-day activity of software development, delivery and operations.
- Facilitate agile processes and ceremonies, like standups, planning sessions, and retrospectives.
- Encourage professional development and growth with your direct reports.
- Foster an environment that is collaborative and embraces iterative development, rapid delivery and a culture of curiosity and continuous learning.
- Partner closely with Product Management and Design to plan and build features that delight our customers and drive meaningful business growth.
- Ensure product development projects are on-track, well-planned and well-executed.
- Ensure that software is of high quality and follows best practices.
- Assist with hiring new team members as we rapidly grow our team.
- Set clear expectations, deliver feedback and effectively manage performance.
- Help build a culture of leadership - lead by example and also coach and develop leadership skills amongst the team.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering management role, such as Engineering Manager or Engineering Director, preferably including experience at a startup
- Experience managing a variety of roles, people and teams
- Exceptional people skills - ability to listen and empathize, strong self-awareness, high emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills, can effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Growth mindset - you are open-minded to feedback and seeing things from new perspectives. Curious and constant learner.
- Expert at facilitating Agile process. You have many tools in your Agile toolbelt, and know the right situations in which to wield them. You are not a slave to process.
- Servant leader - your primary focus is on enabling the success of others, which leads to your own recognition and success.
- Great coach - rather than always telling people exactly what to do, you coach them, challenging them to take ownership and accomplish the right outcomes.
- Technically savvy - you deeply understand the day-to-day duties of a software engineer, you stay up on technology trends, and have a good understanding of software development best practices.
- Excellent partner with Product Management - you actively engage with Product Management and have opinions about our product roadmap, features and requirements to drive the business forward.
- Build teams that deliver - You help teams set goals and deliver features that matter to customers and to the business.
- Humble - people recognize you as a leader because you’ve earned their respect and admiration based on your actions and accomplishments.
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As an early-stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats starting every work day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Salary range for this role is $150k to $180k, or commensurate with experience.