Senior Engineering Manager - Focal Plane Electronics Systems at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Engineering Manager - Focal Plane Electronics Systems
The Electrical Solutions business unit is seeking an Engineering Manager to manage a multidisciplinary team to execute a portfolio of Focal Plane Electronics Systems projects.
In this newly created role, you will drive the team to meet technical, schedule and budget objectives and own the value stream for FPES products and technology development. You will report directly to the Electrical Solutions Facility Director of Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Successfully deliver FPES products thru responsible management of the end-to-end lifecycle processes including proposals, subsystem design, component design, layout, procurement, manufacturing, test and delivery support.
- Manage staffing assignments for assigned multidisciplinary team to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Collaborate with functional management on staffing demand for FPES projects.
- Balance staffing and prioritization to meet top level business priorities.
- Responsible for forecast of FPES work scope.
- Generate proposal inputs including bases of estimates, labor and non-labor costs, schedule and associated risks.
- Establish and communicate: Operational objectives, FPES level performance metrics, and long-term facilities and equipment needs.
- Measure and control value stream and processes for FPES products and technology development.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated success in leadership, team development, and/or coaching.
- Proven success in meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills with a history of successful influencing.
- Willingness/ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI in the future.
- All of the following are highly preferred:
- Bachelor of Science, Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering disciplines.
- Work experience with end-to-end electronics development and production.
- Experience with electrical hardware quality principles for space and ground applications.
- Experience working in, and with controlled, classified security environments.
- Current Top-Secret security clearance.
- Engineering and/or Program Management experience in a high- performing full-cycle (proposal through delivery) electronics products team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop multidisciplinary processes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.