Senior Engineer - Software Test- Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Are you experienced in the industry of data-driven agile software development? Are you passionate about quality and continuous improvement? Are you curious, driven, methodical and innovative? Are you interested in contributing to products and solutions that connect people and things to make lives simpler, smarter or enjoyable? Are you a quick learner that is not afraid to fail? Are you looking to work with some of the best in the business using the latest and greatest technologies? If so, we are looking for Quality Assurance professionals to work in American Fork, UT, bring our software to the next level and advance the #1 Live OTT Streaming service in America. Come be a part of changing the face of TV!
What You Will Do
- Work within a scaled agile development framework to deliver high-quality software.
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex OTT quality problems.
- Communicate clearly with Product Owners, Developers and management to establish understanding of problems to address and proposed solutions.
- Drive continual process and product improvements through data-driven decisions to increase quality and delivery cadence.
- Represent and defend the customer experience on our software applications.
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and drive implementation of solutions to resolve customer facing and business impacting issues.
- Learn, evaluate and implement new technologies to further our quality and delivery capabilities.
- Train and mentor peers on best practices and technologies.
- Work with software developers to design and build apps with highly testable code using object-oriented programing, with unit and low-level integration tests.
- Implement test-driven development and design patterns to create maintainable, reusable and extendable test solutions and testable applications.
- Identify and build frameworks to report the data that drives quality and delivery metrics.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working in an agile development environment (experience with SAFe preferred)
- 2+ years focusing on built-in quality within a software development environment
- 1+ experience working with in CI/CD tools and processes
- 1+ experience in developing application code
- Strong understanding of Test-Driven Development practices
- Strong understanding of build processes and tools
- Experience with any of the following technology stacks
- C++, Python
- Java/Kotlin, Junit, Espresso
- Python, C++, Google Mocks
- Python, JS, npm
- Objective C, Xcode, XCtest, Swift
- Python, Cucumber, Linux
- Python, XML
- Demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose and fully define problems
- Demonstrated ability to think critically; gather, evaluate and use data; and then develop and drive implementation of relevant solutions
- Excellent communications skill
- Aptitude for independent, hands-on and experimental learning
- Experience mentoring peers