Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Sensor Integration Engineer will report to the technical lead of the sensor integration team and support the development, integration and testing of multiple sensor modalities used on the robot, including LIDAR, RADAR, and stereo vision. This position requires rapid software (and some hardware) prototyping skills, attention to detail, and ability to learn in unstructured environments.
Duties & responsibilities
- Evaluate and test sensors, including LIDARs, RADARs, HD cameras
- Build low-level software infrastructure to support perception tasks across the Outrider System
- Build online and offline tools to visualize/debug/analyze perception output
- Analyze sensor failure modes and devise mitigations based on field data
- BS/MS in Electrical/Software Engineering or related discipline
- Experience reading/writing/debugging in C/C++
- Familiarity with Linux development and target environments
- Prior experience writing device drivers and other latency sensitive software components
- Prior experience building rapid prototyping visualization and other analytics tools
- Knowledge of 2D/3D geometry algorithms
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Ability to read/write/debug Python
- Familiarity with modern C++ (C++17, C++20)
- Prior use of Git for software version control
- Experience with modern automotive sensors: cameras, lidar, ToF, radar, ultrasonic etc.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) or other robotics middleware
- Familiarity with multi-view geometry and sensor fusion concepts
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $120,000 - $150,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.