Senior Engineer, iOS
Bluprint is looking for someone who wants to use their iOS knowledge and background to help our customers bring passion to action, someone excited about building a groundbreaking new app experience centered around this theme. We educate and entertain our customers with video and this will be a key area of experience we will be looking for, this includes building interactive experiences around the content itself. We need someone who enjoys working closely with a product team focused on developing amazing app experiences and being a part of everything that team does. This will also include building community and social connections for a passionate audience, a lot to look forward to here!
Beyond simply writing good code, you’ll be expected to drive better patterns and practices, mentor other engineers, take part in architectural discussions and ultimately help us push towards exciting opportunities and rewarding goals. You’ll be a part of a larger front end engineering team that offers incredible team support, a friendly culture, and an environment that encourages learning. You’ll be expected to work with that team to determine the best course of action and to develop a stable and performant app that can be iterated on quickly. If you’re curious, flexible, and adaptable in adopting and learning new technologies then
this role could be an amazing fit!
Maintain and build the architecture of complex iOS projects centered around video consumption and community interaction.
Collaborate with architects and product managers to plan feature work, enhancements, and technical debt for your team's products
Be involved in every phase of product development
Mentor other developers on writing code that is clean, maintainable, and testable
Provide technical leadership and innovation on application projects through all phases of a development lifecycle
● 4+ years iOS development experience
● Deep understanding and experience in multi-threading, memory management, and network communication on iOS devices
● Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
● Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
● Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
● Strong knowledge of Core Data, Core Animation, UIKit, GCD (grand central dispatch)
● Strong familiarity with RESTful APIs and comfortable working alongside individuals from other teams to design new endpoints and modify existing ones
● Strongly grasp how effort, risk, and dependencies impact timelines
● Experience working on iOS video-focused apps
● Experience in writing highly scalable and testable code
● Familiarity with continuous delivery and build automation principles
● Dedication to building best-in-class user interface including the drive for meaningful animation design
● Shipped and supported multiple production mobile apps in the Apple App Store.