Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Responsibility for the day to day engineering, planning, and operation of the global innovation BTIC end pilot line equipment. Collaborates and provides technical support for other global innovation engineering, design, and quality functions.
What will you be responsible for?
- Subject matter expert for high speed aluminum metal forming technologies, including drawing, stamping, shell and end design.
- Day to day engineering, planning, and operation of the global innovation BTIC end pilot line equipment
- Scheduling & planning
- Raw materials
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, corrective action plans, etc.
- Change over, maintenance, & spares programs
- Safety - SOPs, Lock-out Tag-out, etc.; EH&S
- Assure quality testing is getting complete according to specifications
- Reporting, documentation, & presentation of process conditions, results, etc.
- Innovation equipment & process engineering: selection, install, & modification of equipment to enable production of new innovative processes and products
- Project management activities: AFEs, installation and startup of pilot line assets including scheduling and cross functional project teams
- Collaborate & organize internal & external support resources, contractors, and suppliers as needed to deliver against project requirements
- Process development - design & execute trial plans including process controls, DOE’s, etc. to deliver robust commercial ready process windows and recipes
- Support the design, quality, and engineering resources in establishing and carrying out quality testing methods, equipment, & gauges according to performance specifications.
- Follows new product launches into the production environment to assist with knowledge transfer from the pilot line for an effective production startup / handoff
- Collaborate with process innovation team to identify, select, and implement new technologies, sensors, automation, etc.
- Participates in receipt, inspection, measurement and inventory of high-precision tooling, where a high attention to detail is required.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 4-8 years minimum.
- Strong technical skills generally associated with a college level degree (engineering or similar).
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and think / troubleshoot in a nonlinear manner.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Ability to overcome roadblocks by enabling others with clear communication, troubleshooting, and at times simply propping up others where needed.
- Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills. Assists with the preparation of presentations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, quality assurance principles, and the manufacturing process.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans