AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer (EE and embedded) to join the hardware team at our facility in Louisville, Colorado. AMP is revolutionizing recycling using artificial intelligence and robotics to dramatically reshape how we sort the world’s waste. We’re building a new team whose focus will be pushing the boundaries of our sensing and computing capabilities. You will work with a deeply cross functional team in the development of our core AI platform working across the boundary of hardware and firmware. This individual will be responsible for concept design, board level component specification, board layouts, development, bringup, firmware, testing, product certification, and introduction into production.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree/work experience
- Experience testing & debugging new and legacy designs
- Experience with signal generators, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers for board bring up
- Experience with schematic capture/PCB layout software (Altium, etc.)
- 5yrs+ designing and building mixed analog/digital embedded systems
- 3yrs+ building firmware (bare metal, RTOS, DSPs)
- High level proficiency with C
- Familiar with AC and DC power electronics (e.g. motor controllers, line filters, power supplies, rectifiers, buck converters, and switching regulators)
- Design EMC/EMI compliance and applicable standards (radiofrequency, electromagnetic)
- Capable of making high level architectural tradeoffs among size, weight, features, power, and cost
- Familiarity with electrical certification authorities (FCC, UL, CE)
- Excellent communication and strong ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated success in shipping product
- Zest for prototyping and quickly coming up with solutions to complex problems
- Familiarity with high speed data (MIPI, CSI, GMSL, LVDS, etc.)
- Background in computing and/or sensing design in a robotics or AI application
- 3yrs+ experience designing hardware/software for low latency applications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary: $110,000 - $140,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).