Fruition is seeking a seasoned senior Drupal developer to work on complex, enterprise-level Drupal 8 and 9 projects. If you are passionate about working on fun and challenging projects, this is the start of a great career move. This is a position for progressive developers who love professional development and tightening the loop between learning, open-source contribution and real-world application.
As a senior developer, you’ll spend roughly 70% of your time writing great code, 20% in support and mentorship of junior developers, and 10% on ensuring projects are set up for success alongside our dedicated project managers.
Our Drupal practice is heavy on Drupal Commerce, so experience in this ecosystem or JSON:API and decoupled environments is strongly preferred. Strong underlying software development lifecycle knowledge and skills are required - be prepared to debate the merits of service decoration vs. replacement.
Drupal Developer Hiring Qualifications
- In-depth architectural knowledge of Drupal 8/9, including dependent technologies, e.g. Symfony framework components.
Experience with complex codebases; ability to install from source, scaffold example content and work on sites without requiring database dumps or production artifacts.
- Knowledgeable and opinionated about software maintainability. A stickler for inline and user documentation as well as OOP development patterns that yield maintainable code.
- Experience contributing to both Drupal and other upstream projects; tell us how you solved a problem for a client by submitting bug fixes?
- Up-to-date on new and upcoming language constructs. Help us roll out opcode preloading for Drupal 9.
- Comfort at the SQL command line.
- Skilled in writing unit, kernel, browser and functional tests, and can debug them in the IDE.
Debugging fu with Xdebug and other profilers.
- You can write Twig and debug it with breakpoints in PhpStorm, too.
- Compiled CSS chops sufficient to write some Grid and Flexbox… we Google the attributes all the time, too.
Experience as a member of a team using SDLC basics like CI/CD, constructive code review and mentoring of juniors.
- Strong command-line git skill.
What You’ll Get:
- Work/Life Balance – opportunities for flex schedules and remote work
- Flexible Time Off (no pre-set limits)
- Paid Parental Leave (FT)
- Health insurance including medical, employer HSA contribution, dental, and vision (FT)
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and supplemental voluntary benefits (FT)
- 401(k) with company match (FT)
- Sabbatical (FT)
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee social and fundraising events