Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
As the DevSecOps Engineer at Automox, you’ll play a mission-critical role in bolstering the security of the solutions used by all of our customers. You’ll shape and build the security philosophies around our product as it continues to evolve.
Your role reports directly to the Director - Information Security and Research, but you’ll work with the DevOps team and also cross-functionally with other stakeholders on the Infrastructure side of our business.
Whether you have a DevOps engineering background and have been looking to pivot to a security focus, or you have a background working in DevSecOps, this might be the right role for you.
THE FUN STUFF
- Truly Make a Difference: Collaborate with Engineering, SecOps, and Product teams to positively impact all functions within Automox, including securing our cloud infrastructure, enhancing our SDLC processes, finding and remediating security bugs, or proposing a new product feature that will genuinely help secure ourselves and our customers.
- Move at the Speed of Light: Time is of the essence, work with a highly talented, focused, and driven engineering team to implement scalable cloud security controls. Leave the barriers behind and enjoy the speed and fluidity that comes with being part of a startup.
- Be a Trusted Advisor: You'll play a role in shaping our broader philosophy and culture of security through awareness and training. What's more, by ensuring security measures are implemented throughout our systems and production environment, you'll directly impact the solutions our clients use every day as a first line of defense to secure applications and stop cyber attacks.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have contributed to projects using languages like Python, Java, and/or Golang.
- You have technical curiosity and are ready to help across the team and learn new skills.
- You have a strong bias for automation and taking the time to think about the right way to solve a problem versus quick fixes or band-aids.
- Knowledge of cloud compute and storage, including public cloud vendors- we use Amazon Web Services (AWS). You’re familiar with build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Terraform.
- You are comfortable in macOS, Linux, and Windows environments.
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
-Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
-Parental Benefits: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
-Time off: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
-Perks: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
-Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range.
-$120,000 - $173,000/year
-All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : USA the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.