We are looking for a Senior Dev/Ops Engineer that will play a key role in improving and maintaining the SaaS solutions we provide to the market. The Convercent platform incorporates a wide variety of features, including scalable website & ecommerce hosting, rating, billing and an array of integration capabilities with external partners using web APIs and other technologies. This is a very hands-on role which will involve working with our engineering and QA departments, building and maintaining production environments in Azure.
- Build and maintain infrastructure on cloud resources
- Work with Application Developers to automate builds and software deployments to QA & production environments
- Write scripts to automate operations, reporting and server management
- Maintain QA and Production environments/configurations using automation tools
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis.
- Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Install OS updates/hotfixes/patches/service packs
- Document current and future configuration and CI/CD processes and policies
Required Skills and Experience:
- DevOps: 5 years
- Azure/AWS: 2 years minimum
- Admin scripting: 2 years minimum
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with building and maintaining production environments in large-scale consumer enterprises.
- Minimum of 2-3 years proven hands on experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc)
- At least 2-3 years of practical experience with a majority of the components of Azure or AWS
- Minimum of 2+ years of Code management configuration (ADO TFS, GitHUB and such)
- Key characteristics of the right individual are a desire and passion to take-on a broad set of responsibilities.
- This position will require the individual to rapidly understand our technology and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience administering web services on Linux using Ruby and Python
- Fluent in AWS CLI and Azure CLI in Linux and Windows
- Experience with high availability and scalability in AWS
- Fluent in Linux (RedHat/CentOS/Amazon) administration & shell scripting (BASH)
- Comfortable with programming/scripting languages such as Ruby or Powershell
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting monitoring systems, alerting and analytics (e.g., Sumo Logic, OpManager, AppD etc)
- Must have experience with source control tools such as GIT
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & architectural diagrams
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong problem resolution and troubleshooting skills
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary compensation range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $130,000 - $140,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.