Senior DevOps Engineer at Moov Financial
At Moov, we’re empowering creators to embed banking and payment functionality everywhere. We’re developers for developer-first software. We believe that every software company is becoming a payments company and by equipping developers with the best tools we can tackle complex problems together. We value open source and its network effects of support so contributing outside of Moov codebase is encouraged where appropriate.
As a member of the Moov team, you will build new and improve existing banking and payment experiences that customers depend on every day.
As a member of the engineering team, you’ll:
- Work on an automated pipeline to build, deploy and monitor next-generation financial products
- Manage software infrastructure across a multitude of environments
- Reproduce customer issues with our tools and contribute to them
- Triage and assist incoming support requests
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- Knowledge of production software infrastructure deployment and monitoring tools
- History of contributing to open source projects
- 3-5+ years progressive experience in a DevOps role
- Own and operate Kafka clusters, or other open source data technologies such as Elasticsearch or Spark
- Own and operate production services in GCP, AWS cloud infrastructures using tools like Datadog
- Load testing, performance analysis, operations of distributed systems
- Troubleshoot specific issues with teams by recreating tests, validating configuration, etc.
- Experience as a software engineer, with experience in at least one of the following languages: GoLang, Python, NodeJS,
- Experience with infrastructure and automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, GitLab CI, or Docker Compose
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Integration systems such as Drone, Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, Actions, or Pipelines
- Experience with version control systems including branch, merge and tagging strategies using GitHub
- Write scripts to help automate DevOps processes
- Communicate with internal customers to develop, debug, and test deployment pipelines for accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness
- Collaborate with stakeholders and leadership to prioritize and implement features
- Develop new functionality and applications on cross functional Agile project teams
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems, self-starter
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- The ability to design seemingly simple and creative solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Technologies we use and teach
- Terraform, Kubernetes, GKE, Google Cloud
- Go, MySQL
- HTTP2, JSON, YAML
- Kafka, events, webhooks
- Prometheus, Grafana, Loki
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible PTO
- Learning stipend
- Home office stipend
- Moov employees are eligible for employee stock options.
Moov is committed to building a supportive community which allows all people to contribute however they are best able to. We believe that our products are a mixture of creative and detail oriented work where people from all backgrounds offer unique insight.