Senior DevOps Engineer at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer who can help us design, build, and maintain high-performance, scalable, reliable infrastructure built on top of Kubernetes. As a DevOps Engineer at Checkr, you will work closely with our foundation teams to build and run the core components that power Checkr. You will also partner with our other engineering teams to help make their services more performant, scalable, observable, and reliable. We believe every engineering team at Checkr should be responsible for the software they build, and DevOps plays a critical part in providing the tools, practices, and expertise to make that happen.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Working with engineering to define best practices and shared responsibilities
- Participate in design reviews and production reviews for new features, products, or pieces of infrastructure
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Improve common operational challenges with tooling and automation
- Plan for the growth of Checkr’s infrastructure
- Building CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tooling
- Operating and maintaining AWS Infrastructure
What we value in a DevOps Engineer
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer or relatable experience
- Experience with microservices
- Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
- Experience with AWS
- A track record for being able to diagnose problems within complex systems
- Hands-on experience with containers, Linux, CI/CD, and log management
- You can design the technical architecture
- You have a general understanding of a wide array of open source technologies and how they fit together
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, web application security, and HTTP/HTTPS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Actively coding in Go, Python or Ruby
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Fitness reimbursements
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.