Senior DevOps Engineer at Outrider
Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
The Senior DevOps engineer will take ownership of the devops process, provide maintenance of networking and compute infrastructure, and support software development of our autonomous vehicle platform. Daily tasks include continuous integration and deployment, in-vehicle software deployment, data collection infrastructure, process design and workspace setup for developers.
- Deploy computing and networking resources on vehicles and at a variety of company and customer locations
- Build and maintain custom servers for deep learning infrastructure
- Manage cloud Infrastructure, including version control, build, integration and server deployment
- Provision vehicle data pipeline, storage and archival, as well as cluster management for simulation testing
- Set up development and deployment platforms, including an IDE, build/debug/profiling tools, network troubleshooting tools, and deployment of virtual networks
- Create and support a fault-tolerant Linux setup, along with real-time processing and automatic failover for highly reliable in-vehicle computer configurations
- Implement time synchronization services using ntp/ptp for in-vehicle computers and sensor components
- 5+ years of experience in Linux scripting, secure server setup and maintenance
- Experience in CI management and deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Bash etc.
- Experience with scripting (Bash, Python), application development (C/C++, Java), and unit testing (JUnit, GTest, Py.Test/Nose)
- Experience with static analysis and code coverage tooling such as roslint, cpplint etc.
- Experience using Debian/Ubuntu Linux OS, containers (Docker/Kubernetes), configuration management using tools such as Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack, etc.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced, start-up environment
- BS or related degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Robotics
- Experience working with autonomous driving
- Knowledge of ROS platform
- Know-how of deep learning/neural network infrastructure
- Experience with IoT services and architecture (Azure/AWS)