Senior DEVOPS Engineer
Lark IT is looking for frontrunners in the field of DevOps. You may have a Software Development background, an Operations background, or you were raised in a DevOps culture from the start of your career. The field of DevOps covers a wide range of organizational design, process design, and information technology engineering.
If you recognize yourself in the following, we want to hear from you!
- You live and breathe configuration management. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, we help our clients automate their workflows using all of these tools. If you are an expert in one, we will teach you to become an expert in the others.
- You want to containerize EVERYTHING! Docker, Kubernetes and Rancher are a few of your favorite things.
- You write code and will roll up your sleeves to pair program will software developers when needed. Python, Golang, Ruby and Shell Script are often used with client interactions.
- You are intimately familiar with leading open source frameworks and tools and can work with software development and operations teams to enable DevOps automation ranging from Git, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Selenium, xUnit, and others
- Your commitment to meeting deadlines and exceeding client expectations is equal to your commitment to writing great code.
- Lead day-to-day pilot team implementations with clients and provide a diverse set of Agile and DevOps coaching services ranging from project management, requirements, design, development, testing, environment management, change and release, and support
- Configuration Management platforms: Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Databases: MySQL, InfluxDB, Cassandra, PostGRES, Amazon RDS
- Engineering & Monitoring tools: Bootstrap, Jenkins, Github, Zabbix, OpsGenie, JIRA Software & Service Desk
- Runtime: Docker, Kubernetes, Angular, Prometheus, Elasticsearch
- Clouds: OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure, Google
- 8 + years software development experience
- Experience designing and deploying production-grade software
- Experience with object design
- Experience writing distributed systems
- Experience developing in different compiled languages such as Go, Java, C++, and C
- Experience with web application development using HTML, CSS, and Angular
- Experience with data transport using XML and JSON
- Experience developing and debugging software on a network stack IP, TCP, HTTP, REST
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to navigate and administer Linux operating systems
- Understanding on how to scale server-side applications depending on load
- Demonstrated application of software engineering best practices
- Experience working on Agile teams, specifically using the Scrum method
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- BSCS or comparable background
About Lark IT
Lark Information Technology, Inc. is based in Denver, Colorado. We are passionate about technology, and deliver high quality solutions to meet the business needs of our clients that embrace the latest technologies. We value a healthy lifestyle and work-life balance. Lark perks include a full kitchen with organic food, first Friday meetups and BBQ's, and a great community of down to earth tech geeks. Other company benefits include flexible hours, company outings, and a focus on holistic lifestyle while still doing excellent work for our clients and ourselves.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of a small and growing Denver company
- Snacks & Beverages
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401k after 90 days
- Casual office environment
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Competitive pay and bonus opportunities