Senior DevOps Engineer *
Our Home + Entertainment division of T-Mobile is the next phase in the Un-carrier mobile video strategy. T-Mobile acquired TV technology innovator Layer3 TV which is a next generation provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social, and digital life. Together we will be launching a disruptive new TV service and we are doing to TV what we did to wireless: changing it for good! We offer excellent technology, team, location, competitive comp, bonus, stocks and perks!
Have you led or architected the development of applications on connected devices, AppleTV, FireTV and others? In this role, you will be working with the team to deliver outstanding experiences and change how we think of TV. If you have a strong passion for working across different platforms, continuous improvement, mentoring others, and know how to build quality maintainable software on connected devices, then you are likely a good fit for this role.
- Flexibility with the understand that coding is an on-going process and change always needing updating
- Implement best practices of development with a security focus such as code scanning, port management, web security, etc.
- Collaborate daily with product managers, scrum masters, and software engineers
- Design AWS application solutions to complex problems
- Advise engineers on AWS implementation best practices
- Design connected tv device solutions to complex issues leveraging micro-service architecture and common design patterns
- Follow best practices to code and mentor the team to meets expectations, including coding standards, peer code reviews, and writing unit tests
- Develop and update support documentation for components and overall system.
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical tasks and user stories while keeping in mind how a feature fits into the whole system. Strong big picture thinking.
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as needed using this to foster better product solutions, monitor and alerts to improve operational readiness.
- Seeks out strategic relationships that will increase team output, process accuracy, improve time to market and customer experience.
- Leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and demonstrates trust and integrity.
- Deliver feedback and develop team members and self through close collaboration.
- Create a culture of recognition and elevates team visibility.
- Creates urgency by setting high standards for self and demonstrates a customer first attitude by keeping commitments and holding peers accountable.
- Relationship Building: Seeks out strategic relationships that will increase team output, process accuracy, improve time to market and customer experience. Establishes and contributes to beneficial shared goals of cross-functional teams. Candidate effectively leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and fosters trust.
- Leadership: This role must demonstrate a high level of integrity and collaboratively delivers feedback to develops team members. Uses leadership experiences to guide team members to optimal solutions. Creates a culture of recognition and elevates team visibility.
- Result Focused: Creates urgency by setting high standards for self and others to meet goals. Demonstrates a customer first attitude by keeping commitments and holding team members accountable.
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Experience in developing new deployment pipelines and processes from scratch
- Experience with hardening to meet security standards
- Strong security background understanding the best practices of development with a security focus (code scanning, port management, web security, etc)
- One or more of the following technical expertise:
- Cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy)
- Configuration and orchestration tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, OpsWorks)
- Containers and micro-service architectures (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software Development experience with a high-level language and associated IDEs and Revision Control tools (e.g., Eclipse, Git)
- Prior experience with highly available and fault tolerant production architectures in the cloud
- Deep understanding of AWS tool suites and capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, across different project deliverables
- Experience working within agile methodologies.
- HLS Video streaming strongly preferred
- Node.js strongly preferred
- Relocation assistance provided
- 7+ years of professional related experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or related experience
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.