Senior DevOps Engineer
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Four Winds Interactive seeks a DevOps Engineer to join Four Winds Interactive’s Cloud operations team. Primary duties of this position will be implementing and managing a continuation integration framework for Four Wind’s Interactive’s software development lifecycle, systems administration, and ensuring the availability of the Four Winds Interactive Visual Communications Platform.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Responsible for establishing overall continuous integration processes and associated procedures.
- Responsible for documenting the standard operating procedures related to the boundaries of responsibility of the position.
- Collaborate with development and IT teams to automate production.
- Participate in an agile development process alongside developers and to support the systems.
- Work with internal groups to setup and maintain QA, Dev and Production environments.
- Work with the security team to ensure compliance requirements are applied in the continuous integration processes.
- Create and maintain ad-hoc application environments for the team.
- Monitor the health of our production and QA environments.
- Collect and report on operational metrics for SLA reporting and capacity planning.
- Responsible for basic patches and system administration, ongoing.
Requirements for Success:
- Advanced Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Administration
- Windows administration experience and/or exposure. (Active Directory administration experience a plus)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services. (experience with AWS preferred)
- Experience with database tuning, administration, system performance using SQL a plus
- A working understanding of code and script, ability to understand and apply to security requirements.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Ability to clearly and confidently explain complex technical issues in simple and understandable terms.
- Self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to embrace repetitive tasks with enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- The ability to work in an environment that present tight timelines and high expectations.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to ever changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to effectively network, participate in and lead matrixed teams, and develop key working relationships.
- Available 24x7 for Production support and participate in monthly maintenance and product releases.
Helpful for Success:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT-oriented degree program or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years systems administration experience.
- Experience with task automation using off-the-shelf tools and/or customized scripts preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience administering Linux & Windows systems and server infrastructure.
- 3+ Experience administering Amazon AWS Cloud Services (IAM, CloudFront, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, RDS, ECS, Lambda, Cognito, IoT, Elasticsearch, and ElastiCache)
- Experience managing automated build, continuous testing and integration systems and infrastructure supporting applications in a production environment preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins Bitbucket, Artifactory, Serverless Framework, and Docker (preferred).
- Understanding of code or experience as a developer a plus. (e.g. .Net, Java, NodeJS, NPM, Python, Perl, SQL)
- Understanding AWS compliance and security best practices.
- AWS Certified Developer Associate (preferred) and AWS Certified Developer Professional (a plus) certifications.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status