Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote) at Granicus LLC
Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a "central source of truth" and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we've done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Jason Rose - Manager of Platform Engineering - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range: $120,000+ plus bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
The following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will play a significant role in development, automation, and security across our diverse company portfolio. We presently use Chef, GitLab, GitLab-CI, Terraform, and Kubernetes to automate the testing and delivery of both our Windows and Linux based hosted applications; with plans to consolidate on GitLab-CI and Kubernetes Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of full-stack application development, testing, continuous integration, a passion for security, and extensive experience working in an agile software development environment.
At Granicus, we have the exciting opportunity to change the way that citizens interact with governments across the country (and the world). It's a fast-paced world at Granicus so these are always changing and opportunities to develop and invest in new technologies are constant.
As the leader in government technology based in the heart of downtown Denver, with offices around the globe we are seeking individuals who can work collaboratively with both our Development and Cloud Operations teams to design, test, deploy, and support our software.
- Support the software development process by identifying inefficiencies, recommending solutions, automating delivery, and implementing testing
- Participate in a Tier-2 on-call rotation with other Engineers providing 24x7 infrastructure / application support
- Escalation support for Tier 2 Support
- Provisioning and maintenance of systems, load balancer configs, firewall rules, and other automation driven infrastructure tasks
- Mentoring other DevOps engineers
- Technical leadership of large complex projects
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or strong CS fundamentals
- 5+ years Software Engineering or Operations support for Agile development teams
- Extensive experience with designing and building CI systems for multiple software repositories across multiple development framework in Jenkins or GitLab (preferred)
- Minimum of 1 years' experience with Ruby/Rails
- Effective communication skills for working across support and engineering departments
- Extensive knowledge of source control management GitHub, GitLab (preferred)
- Experience with cloud hosting infrastructure especially Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experience in virtualization environments especially VMware vSphere
- Working knowledge of and passion for automating software delivery
- Passion for security and identifying opportunities to improve security and testing
- Extensive knowledge and experience with development best practices and methodologies, including test driven development, behavior testing, continuous integration, and static analysis.
- Extensive Linux host lifecycle experience, creation, deletion, monitoring, hardening, etc
- Application conversation, implementation, and monitoring experience on one or more container orchestration platform
o Docker, EKS, AKS, Kubernetes, Rancher, OpenShift, etc.
- Experience working in multiple programming/scripting languages
o Ruby, PHP, C#, Bash, Powershell, Java, etc.
• Experience developing for one or more relational database technologies
o Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, etc.
• Web hosting administration experience
o IIS, Apache, NGINX
• Experience using community projects and contributing back to open source
o Evaluating and using community cookbooks/playbooks/manifests/etc
o Contribution to opensource projects using GitHub, BitBucket or Gitlab
• Containerization of Applications
o Docker, EKS, AKS, Windows containers