Senior DevOps Engineer II at Pax8 (Remote)
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate, so we don't look for the right " fit " - instead, we look for the add.We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don't meet 100% of the bullet points.Webelieve in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you're a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Senior DevOps Engineer II helps design the architecture, development, automation, testing and maintenance of our software infrastructure. They work together with technical leadership and all Engineering teams to solve exciting challenges as we grow. The Senior Engineer adopts and utilizes tools and frameworks such as Kubernetes (EKS), Helm, GitHub Actions, Terraform and other cloud native technologies to move from a centralized monolith to a distributed microservice ecosystem while mentoring the Engineering teams throughout the process. They focus on high availability of Pax8 developed and managed services helping the team keep lofty goals and reducing the time the team spend at work after hours.
- Lead projects to completion by providing technical advice during planning of complex solutions and troubleshooting and resolving issue in project work
- Design the infrastructure to house and deliver Microservices in AWS using Helm, Kubernetes, Terraform, and GitHub Actions and provide oversight across multiple projects, working directly with all Engineering teams
- Provide mentorship to Engineering teams to improve technical excellence
- Assure high availability of Pax8 developed and managed services by troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issue in the Production environment and providing ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Documents solutions so that information can be easily disseminated to all Engineering team
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least eight (8) to twelve (12) years of experience supporting the architecture, development, automation, testing, and maintenance of software infrastructure
- Highly effective Site Reliability Engineer
- Experience building distributed systems
- Experience building Event Driven Architecture with tools such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Practical use of Architectural Principles such as Domain Driven Design
- Highly proficient with NoSQL and SQL Database such as Mongo, Dynamo, Postgres
- Master of CI/CD platforms and infrastructure as code paradigms such as Github Actions and Terraform
- Proven record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance, security, and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Subject-Matter expert with networking principles and technologies such as ACL's, Subnetting, DNS, load balancers, reverse proxies, containerized networking methodologies, etc.
- Expert in Agile methodologies using tools such as Jira, Wrike, LeanKit, Rally or similar
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $145,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-JF1 #LI-Remote #DICE-J
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.