Senior DevOps Engineer (Hybrid – Remote/in Office) at Documoto, Inc.
What are we looking for?
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Compensation: $115K - $140K DOE
Reports To: Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to support and maintain our infrastructure and to continue to improve our DevOps infrastructure. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to manage Amazon AWS.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an advanced SaaS application. You have a passion for Cloud and SaaS applications running on state-of-the-art technology. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are flexible in adapting to change. Innovation is in your blood. You’re a problem solver; you make things happen and work with others to build meaningful relationships. You are detail-oriented and do not mind rolling up your sleeves to make sure the job gets done. You have a high level of intellectual curiosity that reveals insights and implications, and you use that knowledge to think creatively about solutions. You want to be part of a team that works cohesively and supports each other, ensuring everyone is successful.
You are customer-focused and know how to get to market quickly, experiment, learn, adapt and iterate. You have pride in your work and instill that pride in your team.
Importantly, you exemplify our core principles of transparency, honesty, and accountability.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Support development, deployment, and operation of our enterprise SaaS solution for a worldwide user base
- Fine-tune our always-available cloud-based SaaS platform
- Show your expertise by administering Amazon AWS ec2 instances, configuring load balancers, troubleshooting network issues, defining firewalls, and running VLANs
- Manage Amazon AWS costs
- Expand our current SaaS capabilities using tools provided by Amazon AWS
- Support application growth by building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones
- Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from images
- Use monitoring tools to find problems, send alerts, resolve and/or escalate to development, and ensure that we exceed our SLAs
- Participate in the building of scripts and processes to support the infrastructure
- Contribute to the creation of system support documents
- Streamline backup and disaster recovery processes
- Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an Adhoc basis
- Participate in 24hr on-call support rotation
- Operate the platform according to security and privacy best practices
- Contribute to application scaling and performance architecture
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision
- Exercise your passion for providing excellent service to all internal and external customers
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Linux administration experience.
- Must be detail-oriented, outcome-focused, data-informed, and analytical.
- Proficiency working with Amazon’s AWS cloud including regional replication, storage capabilities, and load balancing
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar configuration management tools
- Java application administration know-how with Tomcat and self-contained executable jars
- Linux administration experience
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML, SOAP
- Application clustering/load balancing concepts and technologies
- Proficiency with all parts of the automated build, integration, and deployment lifecycle (e.g., Hudson/Jenkins, Maven, NPM, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Nagios, DataDog, Plumber, and ELK stack
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management as well as business stakeholders
- Desire to push best practices
- Proficiency to drive solutions while mentoring other individuals
- Well organized
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts constructively, a great attitude
Why Join Documoto?
We are a hybrid team; while we all mostly work remotely we do spend some time in the office together. Our hybrid option offers the benefit of being able to work where you want – whether that’s from the comfort of your home, your favorite coffee shop, the outdoors – you get to pick!
We have health insurance and benefits that include medical, dental, and vision health insurance, health care, and dependent care flexible spending account options, a 24/7 employee assistance program, and company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
We are a dog-friendly office; we allow our team to bring their dogs into the office. We also provide a stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
We provide 9 company paid holidays and flexible time off – work hard / play hard!
Since the beginning of COVID-19 safety for our employees and communities has been our key priority. We are continually re-evaluating our working model. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time. We utilize Microsoft Teams for video meetings during the interview process.
If you are looking for a great team to work with and ready to have your voice heard, we encourage you to apply!