Senior Development Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
FIS is looking for a Senior Development Manager to join our Internal Data team. This individual can sit at any FIS location in the US. In this role, you will oversee a team of Engineers who are developing core versions of software applications, identifying technical specifications, and interacting with engineering groups to assist in design changes to software.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
In this role you will manage and mentor a team of Programmers. You will serve as a project leader and/or subject matter expert and provide input into strategic direction.
- Manage full software development lifecycle including testing, implementation, and auditing
- Perform product design, bug verification and beta support
- Resolve critical issues and contribute to the business unit development
- Manage work efforts of the team with responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals and pay reviews
- Identify and allocate technical resources, e.g., programmers, business analysts to client projects within Development
- Forecast resource needs based on an analysis of projected spend
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal candidate will have experience in Cloud technologies, specifically AWS, 9 or more years of experience in software development and 7 or more years management or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure
- Comfortable interacting with executive level clients
- Ability to analyze and interpret business needs
- Ability to maintain positive working relationship with client Is looking to join our team and build a long-term career with FIS
ADDED BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Financial technology industry experience
At FIS, we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a fast-paced environment. FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
Additional Perks and Benefits such as:
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- FIS Gives Back Program - charitable events and activities to help support our local community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.