Senior Development Manager - US Remote at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Come help build FIS's newest next generation instant payments platform - RealNet RTP. An elastically scalable, cloud-native account to account money movement platform, built with containerized microservices, best in class UX, and end-to-end automation. Our clients get a single seamless API interface to execute a payment in real time that they can track from start to finish through the RealNet UI. As part of the team, you'll get to strategize, lead and direct product teams building a highly scalable, globally available instant payments platform using exciting technology stack on AWS Cloud.
This team works closely in conjunction with the product teams to enable them to accelerate their product modernization journey and building innovative solutions. This role is highly challenging, yet satisfying, and provides a fantastic opportunity to lead the digital journey at FIS.
What you will be doing:
Remote work location may be considered.
- Manages both people and product development milestones for the entire lifecycle of the project - inception, design, coding, testing and UAT.
- Manage a team of software developers (Hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, and performing reviews)
- Manage scope, cost, schedule, resource ramp-up, metrics and quality aspects.
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback.
- Work with Release Train Engineer and IT Architect closely to
- Thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements to appropriate team members and manage all requirements accordingly to realize each for the stakeholder.
- Define project goals, objectives, and milestones. Tracks and reports project goals with pre-defined metrics to stakeholders.
- Identify and allocate technical resources.
- Coordinate and facilitate work among different groups to achieve project milestones.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer goals.
- Proactively manage and communicate project status, issues & risks to management.
- Manages change effectively.
- Adheres to the departmental application development and client delivery process standards.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder's needs and requirements continuously in view.
What you bring:
Remote work location may be considered.
- Managing a team of software developers and engineers. Experience in the banking / payments industry is preferable.
- Hands on experience with
- Microservices Architecture and design, REST APIs, cloud development, Security, Testing, and deployments in high throughput environments
- Java, Kafka, Spring Boot, AWS, EKS(Kubernetes), React, Apigee, Drools
- Exposure to
- DevOps environments with high degree of automation of CI/CD pipelines, build promotions and code quality testing
- Exposure to using cloud development, Kubernetes, Dockers and Terraform scripting for deployments in development, QA, and Production
- Exposure to Tech stack
- Docker, Terraform, Helm, MySQL, MongoDB, Quartz
- Tools - k3d, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Sonar, Skaffold, etc.
- QA- Cucumber, Junit, selenium
- Skill in development management, organization, communications, analytical and people skills.
- Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage effectively.
- Ability to delegate projects to qualified subordinates as appropriate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and problem areas.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge ofFIS' products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
What we offer you
- An exciting opportunity be a part ofWorld's Leading FinTech Product MNC
- To be a part of vibrant team and to build up a career on core banking/payments domain
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including GHMI/ Hospitalization coverage for employee and direct dependents
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.