Senior Database Administrator - SQL
About KG Lewis
KG Lewis is built on 16 successful years of helping businesses of all kinds navigate change, challenge, and transformation. Our consultants are pros in agile project delivery, program offices, post-M&A integration, and a wide range of technology disciplines. When our customers can’t afford to fail, we’re at our best.
Cultural impact. Business impact. Career impact. What unites our diverse team of professionals is a passion for constant learning, solving problems, transforming businesses, and making the world a better place inside and outside the office. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
KG Lewis offers a great benefits package as well as a culture that supports continuous learning and career development. We offer all of our employees access to industry-leading training platforms and technology-focused research tools to help them personally and professionally in their careers.
Colorado Springs, CO
Senior Database Administrator - SQL
The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) participates in a collaborative team environment supporting database administration and database development efforts. Contributes to designing and developing data-driven applications. Works with system administrators to install, configure and tune operating systems for database applications.
- Consults with users to determine database needs; implement new databases and modifies existing databases based on user requirements.
- Maintains all database objects, including tables, stored procedures, triggers and user-defined functions.
- Develops and maintains scripts used to manage and administer database environments.
- Installs, configures, optimizes, maintains upgrades and implements database technology products. Troubleshoots and repairs database systems for custom developed and COTS systems.
- Utilizes database management tools to monitor usage and optimize database system performance.
- Recommends and is responsible for drafting, reviewing and updating County standards for database related products and support equipment.
- Analyzes County needs for database purchases according to project plans and County standards. Researches, tests and makes recommendations to senior level staff for new product purchases.
- Remains current with industry standards and trends.
- Develops, recommends and implements backup solutions, strategies and disaster recovery methodologies for database systems.
- Works with third-party contractors as needed in support of timely response to issues.
- Proactively monitors database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Provides routine and complex system support maintenance for SQL Server databases and provides after-hours support for both database emergencies and routine scheduled maintenance.
- Supports the migration of existing in-house applications from MS Access to SQL Server.
- Provides training and assists other Database Administrators as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Required Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field and four (4) years of direct, hands-on experience with installing, supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining enterprise Database systems in a large, multi-user, multi-application environment.
- Experience with performance tuning, security and resource utilization.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft database technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Database Administration, Development, Operations, Performance Tuning, Backups, Stored Procedures, Replication, Upgrades, Licensing.
- Knowledge and experience with PL/SQL.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Sentry.
- Knowledge and experience with MS SQL Server: T-SQL, Replication, SSIS, SSRS, Security, Backups, DTS and database replication.
- Knowledge of and experience with a business environment, including project management, analytical and problem-solving skills and software development.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and reprioritize as work situations change.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment with some local travel. Ability to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
KG Lewis is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is KG Lewis’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for non-U.S. citizens.