Senior Database Administrator (AWS), ODX
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck’s next frontier is to build the next generation platform to enable the expansion of our technology to more clients and to further introduce innovative and modern technologies. We want you to be a part of that. Our objective is to continue to revolutionize small business lending and enable financial institutions to better serve their customers by accelerating the process in a digital manner, leveraging advanced automation tools, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
We're seeking a Senior Database Administrator to help us with our database systems. We're building a platform that aggregates data to connect capital with small business owners trying to grow their business. Our heavily automated platform using the latest in technology allows us to quickly and efficiently provide funding to customers who have long suffered from lack of access to traditional financing models – e.g. restaurants, barber shops, convenience stores, etc. We're trying to bring an engineering perspective to the field of lending and are always looking for talented technical problem solvers to join our team.
As Part of the Partnership Database team, you will:
- Maintain multiple database environments (PostgreSQL, Aurora, Redshift) in AWS
- Plan, design and implement backup, recovery, disaster recovery and security policies
- Work closely with ETL tools to migrate data to a data warehouse
- Work closely with engineers to incorporate database operations into overall IT infrastructure
- You have a technical degree and 7+ years of related experience of database administration
- You have at least 3 years working in AWS environment
- You have database administration experience with one or more of major database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Troubleshot and solved low level database performance issues
- You have 7+ years with SQL programming and have the ability to identify performance improvements and redesign existing code
- Knowledge of disaster recovery best practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore
- Experience with replication across geographically disparate locations
- You have the ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies
- You have 3+ years working with Linux/Unix shell scripting
ODX’s groundbreaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck and ODX believe that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**