Senior Data Scientist
DATA SCIENCE & THE TRADE DESK
At The Trade Desk, the Data Science team is responsible for transforming our hundreds of terabytes of RTB advertising auction data into actionable intelligence, leveraging advanced modelling and optimization algorithms. Our mission is to develop new and powerful means of increasing the ROI of our client’s campaigns across millions of web based publishers.
While many companies ask their Data Scientists to purely focus on R&D, we believe in innovation that adds value to our product. In this role, you will be involved in the development of new data products and the enhancement of existing ones, all while using world class machine learning. You will interact primarily with our product, trading, and data engineering teams to oversee the implementation of your data products. In other words, your ideas and research will contribute directly to our client facing product.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Derive actionable insights through self-directed research from massive data sets with minimal support
• Provide input into the collection of new data sources and the refinement of existing ones to enhance analysis and model development
• Be intellectually generous, including offering guidance to team members on projects and helping them to learn new technologies
• Become an expert on TTD’s client-facing platform
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
• Must be enthusiastic to learn (and teach) new technologies, machine learning techniques, and advancements in the adtech industry
• Must be comfortable working on an agile, distributed team spanning multiple time zones and continents
• Must have an abundance of intellectual curiosity
• Must be able to deliver a convincing story derived from massive data sets to both a technical and non-technical audiences
• 2+ years in an advertising or publishing related industry a plus
• Advanced degree (PhD Preferred) in a quantitative field with 3+ years of professional experience in a data driven role working with massive data sets
• Must have a broad understanding of statistical machine learning and optimization techniques
• Preferred: Expert in generalized linear models, interaction-based feature selection in high dimensional spaces, and feature engineering
• 3+ years of software engineering or product development experience
• Must have expertise with the Hadoop ecosystem, including Hive, Spark, Pig, or Scala. Able to write efficient and effective SQL, R/Python
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.