Senior CloudOps Automation Engineer (Remote) at Caterpillar
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do - but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here - we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Senior Cloud Automation Engineer will be responsible for ongoing cloud operations in AWS, Azure DevOps and GitHub development and various automation work using Python to support Cat Digital platform and dealer business needs. Cloud Operations is responsible for maintaining standards and practices in Cat Digital's AWS environment. This role will be to manage, control, administer, monitor, and improve the status of resources deployed in our AWS cloud environment including Azure DevOps and GitHub support.
JOB DUTIES: As a Senior Cloud Ops Automation Engineer you will be responsible for proactive configuration changes to minimize operational disruptions and oversight of cloud services that an organization's employee use. You will investigate the most prominent cloud architectures, automation techniques for composing agile and automated end-to end IT processes, improve architecture and engineering practices. Creating and maintaining systems and processes. Experience in AWS, Python and Automation are required.
- Work with AWS to analyze issues and create solutions based on AWS best practices.
- Identify and implement automated solutions to support operational and development efforts.
- Write automation to fix the system issues.
- Monitor and care for a Cloud based operations environment.
- Design, implement and maintain various operations focused automations: Python based, Lambda functions, Leverage CI/CD pipelines, Unit testing, CloudFormation templates (Infrastructure as Code)
- Competent to perform all programming and development assignments without close supervision.
- Assess suitability for solutions in SharePoint Online and the Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI)
- Mentor Jr Developers
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ Architecture experience
- 5+ years of CloudOps experience
- 2+ AWS experience
- 2+ years Python Development experience
- Automation solution oriented using micro services implementation with Python.
- Experience in automating & implementing identity & security policies for cloud infra (AWS)
- Analytic mindset and good with troubleshooting issues
Top candidates will also have and Nice to Have Skills/Requirements:
- AWS Operations experience (CloudFormation, Lambda, Glue, API Gateway, VPC, S3, ECS, EKS, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Demonstrated project experience developing solutions using the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate / Flow, Power BI)
- Operational Role & Cloud Engineer background
- Additional AWS Certifications related to Architecture or Security
- Experience of working with Product Owners within an Agile / Scrum environment and Agile behaviors
- Great verbal and written communication skills to collaborate cross functionally and enhance scalability.
Work from home - WFH - Remote
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .