Senior Cloud Software Engineer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The FIS Public Cloud Operations team at FIS provides support for cloud deployed environments within Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Google Cloud. FIS’s burgeoning maturity in the cloud space will drive shorter time to market solutions which in turn will meet customer expectations around services provided by FIS throughout the world. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic operations team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing:
FIS is looking for a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer. You will work on small to large complex requests with respect to deployed cloud infrastructure technologies within Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Google Cloud. This role is for a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer who understands not only cloud technology concepts but also a solid understanding of networking in general and system interdependencies.
- The Candidate will work closely with other Cloud Operations Engineers to architect and drive cloud deployment standards and templates across the whole development lifecycle, from sandbox, concept, through development environments and ultimately Production environments.
- Candidate will provide guidance around the created standards and templates such that cloud deployments can be handled by a variety of Cloud team members involved in onboarding throughout the all environments as well as production incremental changes and troubleshooting.
- Candidate will interact with all FIS Cloud teams, engineering and operations with respect to production and development; providing input around process improvements between teams, between customer relationships and business tool owners.
- The candidate will feel comfortable handling complex operational, day 2 operational issues, upon escalation.
- The candidate will feel comfortable with coaching other members of the cloud teams.
- This candidate will work independently, and collaboratively with varying skillsets across the organization, with latitude for independent judgment and also consulting with peers on all projects.
- Deliver Network Infrastructure standards and practices across the organization. Utilizing Enterprise Terraform and ancillary technologies, such as Sentinal and Bitbucket as a means to drive standards
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Evaluate various FIS lines of business requirements, compare that with available cloud technologies, and through collaboration, produce a technical solution that is cloud ready.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Identifies and documents technical strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents technical processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Proactively investigate known and unknown error conditions; following prescribed error correction processes as well as documenting resolutions that were not previously identified.
- Analyze problems/trends with client systems and applications and takes steps to avoid recurrence.
- Recognize abnormal processing conditions and raise appropriate issues as needed.
- Re-engineering processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Will mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- This position typically requires five or more years of IT architecture and cloud operational experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What you bring:
- Advanced Soft skills around working with people. Ability to listen and exhibit empathy all in an effort to drive customer satisfaction.
- 3 to 5 years of Hashicorp Terraform Enterprise development with the following key skills:
- Terraform CRUD operations
- Terraform modules -- how to consume and contribute to them
- Terraform remote states
- Terraform state management
- Proficient in translating abstract solutions into fully developed Terraform Enterprise code utilizing a combination of disciplines/concepts like modules and state.
- Proficiency in Open Source and Git Concepts
- 3 or more years of supporting Azure Cloud and AWS Cloud.
- Google Cloud is desirable.
- 3 or more years of Application Support
- 3 or more years of Network Support and troubleshooting
- Proficient knowledge of IP networks, subnets, routing.
- 3 or more years of coding solutions and scripting processes for automation.
- Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP technologies, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience deploying and troubleshooting key cloud network technologies: Load balancer, Application load balancers, firewall.
- 3 or more years of experience of integration with cloud deployed solutions, back to on premise data centers, cross cloud integrations, etc.
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and Linux Red Hat Operating systems.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent collaborative skills and attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Process oriented candidate who enjoys automating
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Practical experience with Power Automate and/or Logic Apps.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.