Senior Backend Software Engineer at TrainingPeaks (A Peaksware Company)
Peaksware/TrainingPeaks employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote on-boarding to the best of our ability. An in-person meeting at the office may be required to provide equipment and/or VPN access to enable remote work, or a delayed start may occur depending upon government orders and regulations at the time.
At TrainingPeaks, we are passionate about helping our customers achieve their fitness goals. TrainingPeaks creates smart and effective endurance training solutions, including web and mobile apps. Our products help athletes commit to a clear goal, structure their training to work out smarter, and monitor their progress as they work toward their event or goal.
Some of our partners include: USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, British Cycling, British Triathlon, Triathlon Australia, Cycling Australia, US Rowing, and many more!
Our backend software engineers are responsible for creating and supporting sites and services that power our products. Our work is critical to the TrainingPeaks mission:
“Bringing coaches and athletes together, and helping them get better at what they love to do.”
What will I do here?
- Play an integral part of designing, refactoring, and scaling our backend services and systems
- Share your experience and knowledge through a community of practice, mentorship and collaboration within and across teams
- Help make decisions to continuously improve our agile workflow and practices for sustainable high performance
How will I make an impact?
- You bring unique experience and ideas to a team that values collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Influence architecture, resilience, and operational excellence of our platform.
- Our products are used all around the globe by hundreds of thousands of athletes and coaches, which creates unique and interesting challenges to solve.
Our tech stack
- C#, .NET, .NET Core
- AWS, TDD, and CI/CD
- 5+ years industry experience at scale of backend systems, APIs, storage and compute
- Body of work that includes architecture, design, refactoring, testing, deployment, and DevOps knowledge producing highly readable and testable code and resilient services.
- Experience with and desire to mentor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Like our customers, commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team
- Experience as an endurance coach and/or athlete is a plus but not a requirement
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO) and we stand behind it; take the time you need to maintain a healthy mind and body and balance your work/life commitments.
- 100% company-paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- Additional coverage options: including accident, critical illness or hospital reimbursements
- Pet insurance with various reimbursement options
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability coverage
- 4 weeks paid New Parent Leave
- 401(k) with up to 5% employer match
- Regular, complimentary financial planning with a professional advisor
**Please note - due to COVID-19 there are some perks not readily available at this time
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to our on-site workout room
- On-site locker rooms and showers
- Secure bike storage
- Access to “The Woodshed” - our on-site Music Studio
- Nutritious Snacks – an assortment of “grab’n go” fruit, drinks and snacks in our kitchens
- Devour Hour - company subsidized lunch brought in each week
- Growth - significant investment in resources for employee development
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and gear
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.