Senior Backend Software Engineer
WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned software developer who is dedicated to your craft; you write code that you are proud of and can hit the ground running. You write beautiful, fast code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our disruptive SaaS based endpoint management software in meaningful ways. You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build high quality, scalable web applications using best coding standards and writing clean, well designed code.
- Extend, enhance, and maintain the core product software and databases.
- Contribute to continual improvement by testing, performance tuning, refactoring, usability improvements, and automation.
- Produce detailed specifications, and contribute in all phases of the engineering lifecycle.
- Proven software development experience using PHP
- Relational database design and web database integration (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Development in a Linux server environment
- Docker experience is a plus
- Experience writing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Golang is highly desired
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Work well in a tightly knit, cross-functional team environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- At the top of the list is simply that you will have a will have a voice and an impact on the success of Automox and on the security of customers like NASA, Xerox, DollarShaveClub, TripAdvisor, GE Healthcare and more.
- A strong proven leadership team backed by founders of Tenable, Carbon Black, RSA, AlienVault, Internet Security Systems, ThreatGrid, Phantom Cyber along with world-class venture capital.
- Great downtown Boulder location - (Walk to lunch!)
- Downtown Parking
- Free Eco Bus Pass - (Office is right across the street from the Boulder bus station)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- Participation in Automox Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Open vacation policy - (take what you need to stay energized)
- Standup desks, quiet spaces, and snacks and yes… coffee.
- Rooftop deck and amazing views (we celebrate victories both big and small)
- Monthly team-building rituals (hikes, ice cream breaks, lunch and learns, cross-team opportunities)
Come join the adventure!