Senior Backend Engineer
Apto, headquartered in the heart of Denver’s vibrant LoDo neighborhood, is at the forefront of a market that is beginning to accelerate technology change in the commercial real estate industry. We are doing it by building a remarkable platform (cloud-based CRM and deal management) and focusing on the success of our customers and employees. We just received a 2018 Top Company Award by ColoradoBiz Magazine, placed on the Inc. 500 list, designated a Best Place to Work in Denver by the DBJ and won the Outside Best Places to work in both 2016 and 2017. Come help us level up commercial real estate transaction management with an award-winning team.
Senior Backend Engineer
As a key member of our engineering team you’ll be working on a cross-functional agile team, with product, UX/UI, engineering, and QA, to enhance our existing commercial broker app AND participate in the development of our new independent platform as we grow into the future. If you are looking for a place to make your mark – both as a talented engineer and as a role model for early career professionals, then we might be your next great adventure!
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and scaling our Node/JS services while keeping our systems healthy and secure
- Contributing to the future architecture of the platform using cloud services, message buses and data pipelines
- Mentoring and developing junior engineers while working on our product-centered team
- Operating in a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment using modern automation tools
- Following agile practices in a team to plan, deliver work, retrospect and improve
- Concentrating on the backend development but willingly pitching in wherever we need some extra help
- Building great products that commercial real estate brokers can’t wait to get their hands on
What you’ll bring to the team:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of experience working on enterprise-grade productivity apps.
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud-based transactional systems where you had to solve for scale and performance – either Azure or AWS
- Confident humility; you know your stuff but enjoy brainstorming with others for the best outcome
- Passionate about delivering well-architected software that is easy to maintain
- Extra points if you’ve worked in an early-stage company and understand shifting priorities in order to build a world-class company
- Happy to exchange views on a tough challenge over ping pong or an after hours beverage
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary, and generous stock options
- Healthy suite of benefits
- Dog-friendly, centrally located office in LoDo
Apto does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.