Senior Backend Engineer
Honey is saving millions of people money when they shop online and we're growing! This position is for our core engineering team responsible for building new features and maintaining all parts of the core infrastructure and services. We have a 60+ engineering team in Los Angeles and we just opened our Boulder, CO location, so you’ll be among the first engineers at this location!
If you aren't already in the Boulder area, don't fret - we'll move you here!
- We'd prefer that you have at least 5+ years of experience with a functional/scalable backend language (we use a lot of Node.js).
- Have delivered software to production, and ideally, it’s still there running today.
- Comfortable in an Agile working environment.
- Self-motivated to build and iterate in quick interaction cycles.
- Experience with APIs (REST and GraphQL).
- Experience with GCP (or equivalent) backend ecosystems (we use a lot of Pub/Sub, Spanner, Big Table, Big Query, elasticSearch).
- Experience with large data sets and heavy web traffic environments.
- Experience in web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, networking, developing large software systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.