At TrueCoach, we believe fitness coaching should not be limited to those who can afford in-person guidance – and should not be constrained by the limitations of time and location.
Our mission is to improve the lives of fitness coaches and their clients. We are building tools that enable coaches to save time, grow their business, and deliver a better experience for their clients.
TrueCoach is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team in Boulder, Colorado. You'll be responsible for working directly with the top trainers and coaches in the industry to build the TrueCoach platform, currently built on a Ruby on Rails API, backed by Postgres, with front end clients written in EmberJS, Swift (iOS), Kotlin (Android) and React Native (iOS and Android).
You'll get the chance to own and build out multiple areas of the product, and be a driving force behind our evolution as a company. We have a solid foundation, with revenue and happy customers that love us, but we're just getting started.
Our stack and methodology:
- Development: Ruby, Rails
- Databases: Postgres, Redis
- Testing: RSpec, CircleCI
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS
We also follow agile based development, continuous integration, and we use Git.
- Fluency with a modern, server side web application framework
- Strong alignment with our engineering culture
- Proven track record of building high quality web applications
- Proficiency with SQL
- Strong data and domain modeling skills
- Strong understanding of fundamental technologies of the web and browser
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Hard working, open to constructive feedback, and ready to do the best work of your career
- US citizen or authorized to work in the US
- Fluency with Ruby on Rails
- Strong dev ops and application deployment skills
- Proven experience building SaaS products
- Passionate about health and fitness
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- 4% 401k match.
- Health coverage for you and your dependents
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Investment into your continued education & growth (conferences, books, online learning platforms, etc)
- 10% investment time
- Office snacks
- Whatever computer equipment you need to get your job done
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible powder day policy - this IS part of why we live in Colorado, right?
- Flexible work from home policy
- Relocation assistance
- Wheelchair accessible + friendly office