Senior Back End Software Engineer at Peaksware
🔗 Website: https://www.trainingpeaks.com
📍 Location: Boulder, CO
- As of Friday, March 13, 2020, Peaksware/TrainingPeaks employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote on-boarding to the best of our ability. An in-person meeting at the office may be required to provide equipment and/or VPN access to enable remote work, or a delayed start may occur depending upon government orders and regulations at the time.
At TrainingPeaks, we are passionate about helping our customers train the right way and achieve their fitness goals. TrainingPeaks creates smart and effective endurance training solutions, including web and mobile apps for iOS and Android. Our products help athletes commit to a clear goal, structure their training to work out smarter, and monitor their progress as they work toward their event.
Some of our more widely known partners include USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, British Cycling, British Triathlon, Triathlon Australia, Cycling Australia, US Rowing, and many more!
TrainingPeaks is a subsidiary of Peaksware Holdings. Check out our other brands here.
What will I do?
- Play an integral role on our Workout Pipeline Team developing API services for internal projects and partners including software developers, device manufacturers, coaching groups, and other partners
- Collaborate on projects, bug fixes, and solutioning with the Site Reliability Team
- Share your knowledge and expertise through mentorship
- Address problems of scale, refactor code, and be a decision-maker in an Agile environment
Our tech stack
- C#, .NET, .NET core
- SQL Server Database, ElasticSearch cluster, S3 storage
- Fully AWS based compute & native services (Lambda, SQS, Fargate, etc)
- iOS (Swift, Objective-C), Android (Kotlin, Java), Dart/Flutter
- Tools: Targetprocess, GitHub
- CI/CD, TDD, automated testing
How will I make an impact?
- Using your expertise in API creation and integration, you will act as technical liaison both internally and externally to help realize our mission "to facilitate API integrations with partners who help us enable coaches and athletes to fully experience Deliberate Practice"
- Our products are used all around the globe by hundreds of thousands of athletes and coaches, which creates unique and interesting challenges to solve
- Become the go-to expert resource for our partners in API integration with their products and services
- Languages: Senior-level experience with one or more back-end languages (C# or a willingness to learn)
- Communication and collaboration: You thrive in a collaborative environment, enjoy working as a part of a team to solve challenges, and strive to communicate clearly and listen well
- Leadership: You take initiative and are driven to move processes forward, find solutions, and deliver your best work
- Mentorship: You love sharing your experience and knowledge with others
- Experience as an endurance coach and/or athlete is a plus but not a requirement
- 100% company-paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- Additional coverage options, including accident, critical illness or hospital reimbursements
- Company-paid short and longterm disability coverage; paid leave for all new parents
- 401(k) 5% match
- Regular, complimentary financial planning with a professional advisor
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- Corporate discounts on top-brand gear, experiences, and travel
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Beautiful Northeast Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust; currently remote
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.