Senior Avionics Software Engineer at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:12 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, September 17, 2020
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
Boom’s XB-1 demonstrator aircraft will be the first independently developed supersonic jet and history’s fastest civil aircraft. This build is the critical first step toward the development of mainstream supersonic travel. Powered by three after-burning jet engines, it is planned to reach Mach 2.2 once it enters flight test in 2020.
Boom is looking for an exceptionally talented Software Engineer to lead the development, integration and testing of the flight software for the XB-1. As part of the small team you will own the flight critical software development, telemetry integration, flight simulator software development, and software and hardware in the loop testing. The role requires working closely with the aircraft systems engineers and test pilots.
The Skill Set
- Experience as the technical lead for small teams. This includes acting as the POC for internal and external customers, helping to prioritize development tasks, defining requirements, and mentoring team members
- Significant experience in C++ and exposure to a wide variety of software development standards
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Google Test, Catch2, or similar
- Experience with real time operating systems and process scheduling
- Experience with concepts such as process management, signals, sockets
- Experience with socket programming and network communication including an understanding of the physical, data, network, and transport layers
- Experience with the creation and execution of system test plans
- Experience developing automated test suites and continuous integration/continuous delivery frameworks
- Experience developing and refining system level requirements from formal and informal sources
- Experience with agile development processes
- Excellent communication skills — able to partner internally with engineers of other disciplines to deliver a cross-discipline product
Nice to Have
- Experience with both hardware and software development strongly desired
- Experience interfacing with I/O hardware including analog, discrete, and serial data
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with DO-178 software development
- Experience with manned experimental aircraft flight testing. Working knowledge of sensors and flight test instrumentation, analog and digital I/O, and data synchronization
- Experience integrating COTS components including navigation, air data, and communication equipment into airframes
- Experience with homebuilt aircraft and experimental aviation a plus
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description