Senior Application Security Engineer at Billtrust
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Application Security Engineer to help our engineering teams develop new features in a secure, resilient manner. You will collaborate with development teams as they build and deliver new product and features, and respond to incidents as they occur. You will build processes to assess our software for vulnerabilities that surface, and consult with developers on best practices. Your goal will be to help our teams deploy safe code in a complex, fast-paced, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environment.
- Build, deploy and optimize security controls and instrumentation in and around our code
- Collaborate and consult with our Agile development teams on security-critical product features
- Consult with product, development, and quality engineering teams to help ensure our products are safely designed and correctly implemented
- Educate developers on security best practices and identifying common vulnerabilities
- Conduct research and stay advised of trends, attacks and vulnerabilities
- Proven success in working closely with software engineering teams to improve application security through tools, automation and awareness – 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of common vulnerabilities in web and mobile applications
- Ability to work closely and communicate well with distributed development teams
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Azure platforms
- Ability to leverage static analysis tools, such as Checkmarx or Veracode, preferred
- Understanding of popular threat modeling systems and fuzzing applications/protocols nice-to-have
- Relevant experience with Docker/containers, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, MySQL and/or SQL nice-to-have
- An interest in both breaking and building
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.