TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We encourage our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking an experienced Senior Android Engineer (Developer) to join our fully distributed engineering team to help us continue developing our phenomenal product that impacts 25+ million users.
Our engineers collaborate on technical challenges that enable them to learn new skills and grow their careers (article here). From a recent hackathon, we released the first-in-industry health check screening for teams. This led us to win the 2021 Big Innovation Award!
To deepen our connections with each other, we also love to travel to fun locations across the country for all-company gatherings, team meetings, and the like.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building, updating, enhancing, refactoring, and maintaining our Android app.
- Working closely with our Product and UX teams to brainstorm, build, and test new features.
- Partnering with other internal teams to build rich and engaging features to fuel our partnerships with established advertising brands.
- Working with other TeamSnap Android Engineers to define best practices for Android development.
What’ll set you up for success:
- Deep experience building Android apps with Kotlin
- Deep experience with modern Android SDK’s like architecture components including MVVM, ViewModels, LiveData, Coroutines, Retrofit
- Experience maintaining Java code in an Android codebase
- Experience with RxJava and Dagger
- Have published one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- A sense of humor...or at least sympathy-laugh at our bad jokes.
- Architectural expertise of the Android platform and exposure to various design and architectural patterns like Redux, MVP, and event bus
- Firebase and Firestore know-how
- Exposure to automated build tools such as Github Actions
- Experience with offline operation, caching strategies and data synchronization
- Experience in interfacing with API’s and third party libraries, including Collection+JSON API (take a look at https://developer.teamsnap.com)
- MVI/redux experience
- Be a parent, coach, or participant in a recreational sport
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The salary for this role starts at a minimum of $125,000 plus bonus and benefits. This applies to Colorado-based employees only and may be adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, accountability, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
• We're not just remote, we are remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• Monthly stipend for health & wellness and much more! Click here for the deets!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.