Senior Android Developer at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking a Senior Android Developer for our team of smart, dedicated mobile developers. We're looking for a developer who has solid, demonstrable Android development experience, as well as some experience developing restful API services to support mobile apps.
As a Senior Android Developer for HomeAdvisor, you'll have the chance to enhance and improve apps directed towards our service professionals and homeowners:
- Our Service Provider network recently surpassed 100k pre-screened home service professionals. Currently, over half of our network uses the Service Provider pp daily and it is the heart of our company's success.
- Our award-winning Homeowner app is used by HomeAdvisor’s most loyal customer to find and book trusted home pros, keep track of favorite pros and manage new projects.
Our goal is to provide our homeowner and service professional customers with best-in-class app experiences, all while driving value for HomeAdvisor.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment that works on a 2-week release cadence. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, UX, design, marketing, and software testing to build the best mobile app solutions for our Service Providers.
Experience we’re seeking
- 5+ years of Android mobile application development
- Kotlin, Java, SQLite, JSON
- Experience working with Android Studio
- Expertise in using all the Android layout types
- Demonstrable experience in calling Restful APIs (Retrofit)
- Experience giving and receiving candid and respectful feedback in code review
- Demonstrable experience in reactive programming (RxJava)
- Unit testing of Android applications using Espresso
- UI testing of Android applications using UI Automator
- Experience working on a SCRUM team
- 5 or more years of experience developing commercial software
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- A strong passion for Android Development and keeping up to date on new platform developments
- Loving both mobile app development, and server-side programming
- Published app(s) in the app store
- Foosball and/or ping pong skills
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!