🔗 Website: https://www.trainingpeaks.com
📍 Location: Remote until July 2021
- Peaksware/TrainingPeaks employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote on-boarding to the best of our ability.
At TrainingPeaks, we are passionate about helping our customers train the right way and achieve their fitness goals. TrainingPeaks creates smart and effective endurance training solutions, including web and mobile apps for iOS and Android. Our products help athletes commit to a clear goal, structure their training to work out smarter, and monitor their progress as they work toward their event.
Additional TrainingPeaks products include WKO desktop software for cutting-edge scientific analysis and planning, as well as Best Bike Split’s predictive performance tools. Our solutions are used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN®️ World Champions, Olympians, athletes and coaches around the world.
Some of our more widely known partners include USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, British Cycling, British Triathlon, Triathlon Australia, US Rowing, and many more!
What will I do?
- Craft new app features and user experiences in partnership with product managers, visual designers and testers
- Enhance existing app functionality to better fulfill the Coach and Athlete relationship
- Share your experience and knowledge through a community of practice, mentorship and collaboration within and across teams
- Help make decisions to continuously improve our agile workflow and practices for sustainable high performance
Our tech stack:
- Native Android SDK
- Kotlin with Coroutines and Flow. Some Java remains in older features
- Model-View-ViewMode (MVVM) Pattern using React bindings
- Android Jetpack and AndroidX Libraries with LiveData and Data/View Binding
- HTTP-JSON REST API built with C#
- AWS service deployment and CI/CD
How will I make an impact?
- As a member of the mobile team, you will help create and implement effective solutions for coaches and athletes on our platform
- Our products are used all around the globe by hundreds of thousands of athletes and coaches, which creates unique and interesting challenges to solve
- Your contributions to the TrainingPeaks Android app will improve the training experience of Coaches and Athletes, helping our customers to achieve their goals and to grow our business.
- Our mobile application has greatly evolved over the years, using new and old patterns, requiring creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of Android app development experience including a history of in-market apps
- Experience with and a desire to mentor others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A career history focused on the Android platform
- Deliberate application of object oriented principles to produce highly readable and testable code
- Experience with source code control systems such as Github and using them in a continuous test and delivery pipeline
- An understanding of automated unit and user interface testing, which enables continuous product delivery
- Like our customers, commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team.
- Experience with co-routines
- Prior experience with our TrainingPeaks application
- Experience as an endurance coach and/or athlete is a plus but not a requirement
- Experience with ReactiveX or RxJava
Peaksware/TrainingPeaks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $88,140 - $146,900. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
Disability and Life
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- Significant investment in resources for employee development and professional growth
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to on-site workout room, including locker rooms and showers
- Secure on-site bike storage
- Access to our on-site music studio
- Access to corporate discounts on gym memberships and gear
- Access to nutritious snacks and devour hour, weekly subsidized lunch
*Please note - due to COVID-19 some perks are not readily available at this time.
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.
TrainingPeaks is part of the Peaksware portfolio of brands. Peaksware has been featured in BuiltInColorado’s Top 100 Companies list since 2017 and our brands have been recognized in Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” multiple years in a row. Peaksware has also been honored as a part of Mogul’s “Top 1,000 Companies for Millennial Women Worldwide”. We are proud of our company culture and of consistently being recognized, both locally and nationally, as a top workplace.