The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional native Android development experience in Kotlin or Java using the Android SDK.
- 1 to 3 years of development experience using Kotlin.
- Experience with modern Android architectural patterns (Android Architecture Components).
- Experience with releasing applications to the Google Play Store.
- Experience with automated build process, unit testing, source code analysis, and obfuscation.
- Experience under formal software development processes.
- Experience with multiple platform development environments, including Linux, Mac OS and/or Windows.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Proven ability to produce quality documents using a variety of media, text and tools with a minimum of errors.
- Able to support occasional domestic travel (up to ~10%) in support of project related activities which often include project kickoffs, releases, meetings, and training. Additional travel may be required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel is most often to client sites or to our facilities.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- Passionate about delivering a high-quality user experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Kotlin.
- Familiarity with modern Android development & libraries (LiveData, RxJava, Dagger 2, etc.)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, JSON and XML.
- Familiarity with web technologies, HTML and web scripting languages
- Critical thinker with the ability to demystify complex technical requirements.
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to work with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Highly motivated and dependable with exceptional communication.
- A self-starter that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish individual and team goals.
- Ability to give and receive feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding, and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled