Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Self Service and Enterprise group. This group is focused on building and improving systems that help Checkr partners and customers onboard, configure, and manage their accounts. You will work on building a platform to guide customers and internal users through the account lifecycle.
- Own the product development from ideation, design, implementation, to release
- Ensure the quality, reliability, and scalability of our services
- Partner with product and management in project planning
- Demonstrate expertise in at least one or two areas where you can drive technology (e.g. micro-services, API design, TDD, NLP, infrastructure, open source software)
- Building shared code, with an eye for developer experience - reusability, readability, modularity, documentation, etc
- Spearhead adoption of best practices for the entire team to improve code quality and velocity and provide mentorship to junior engineers
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer working with languages such as Ruby, Python, or GoLang.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure behind a micro-service architecture
- Deep understanding of microservices design, REST APIs, and asynchronous queueing models
- Strong collaboration, communication and project management skills
- A strong sense of ownership
- A great desire to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.