Security Remediation Manager at Zoom Video Communications
Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
At Zoom, we are seeking a Security Remediation Manager to join the Threat and Vulnerability Management team. This role will be instrumental in enforcing a higher level of security posture for the Zoom infrastructure, supporting the growth of the Vulnerability Management program, working with IT, product and operations teams across the Zoom global organization, consolidating progress, roadblocks and next steps to management with regards to compliance, remediation velocity and plans.
● Primary focus to increase the pace of vulnerability remediation of discovered vulnerabilities.
● Manage multiple concurrent work streams and drive regular meetings with other technical teams to follow up with patching cadence.
● Drive escalation handling of remediation slippages while ensuring high level of collaboration.
● Develop tools, documentation, processes, and techniques to assist in remediation of security
● Identify opportunities to reduce vulnerability remediation friction and implement timely mitigations.
● Gather partners' requests and translate them into clear and concise requirements for process or tools improvements.
● Perform the responsibilities of a critical vulnerability remediation commander as appropriate.
● Ensuring Threat and Vulnerability Management team of engineers and project updates are timely, accurate and measurable.
● Ensure all activities related to threat and vulnerability programs meet or enhance Zoom’s compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements.
● Ability to work extended or non-traditional hours on occasion to support
● Work closely with the Risk Team and partners to track risk exceptions to remediation
● Perform other duties as needed.
● 5 or more years' experience in security organizations or service delivery, security project management organizations.
● Strong project management skills including: planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/workstreams on track, working with cross functional teams and stakeholders.
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate with peers, across organizations, and to present and explain highly technical information to stakeholders.
● Prior experience building effective dashboard, metrics, and executive decks.
● Knowledge of vulnerability management frameworks and concepts such as CVE, and CVSS.
● Knowledge or experience in working with and/or managing vulnerability scanners such as Qualys, Tenable, etc. is a plus.
● Experience and proficiency with Intrusion analysis, Malware, and Antivirus, Host-Based
Forensics, Network Forensics, or other cybersecurity areas.
● Knowledge of Application Security, Network Security and System Security.
● Knowledge of desktop, server and mobile operating systems.
● Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
● This is a remote position in the U.S., San Jose preferred.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram