Security Engineer at BillGO
Bill payments are stuck in the past – BillGO is changing that.
A problem solver that likes being part of a team working closely to change the world of bill pay. You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel and are looking for the next big thing. Collaborating with team members and solving technical problems is your jam, and you’re a goal-getter that seeks to understand problems. You keep it casual and love a good whiteboard. Work is best when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly growing company.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time payments, security and engagement to our customers. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We’ve signed contracts with several of the power-players in the payments industry and are experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
Oh – and we <3 Slack, chocolate and going on adventures together. Sound like the type of company you’d swipe right on?
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun and a fix for your sweet tooth:
- Pay and Benefits: We offer competitive pay and benefits, including PTO, holiday pay and free parking
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of goodies
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office and get together for activities like happy hour and hiking
We do ask that you are already local to Northern CO or willing to relocate.
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo. Check out the deets:
For this role, we are looking for a motivated leader with a passion for software development to join our team. The Security Engineer is a unique position that requires a broad technical background. Key factors for this position are not only technical aptitude, but also being a problem solver, continuous learner, self-starter and great collaborator. The ideal candidate will have experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop best practices and set security standards for the organization
- Work with our DevOps environment to ensure code analysis and security configurations are effective
- Analyze security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Report possible threats or software issues
- Research weaknesses and find ways to counter them
- Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems
- Test company software, firmware and firewalls
- Researches and analyzes the latest capabilities of specific Information Security technologies and IT technologies (e.g. operating systems, networks, storage, etc.).
- Considered an expert in the implementations of these technologies.
- Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and report highly complex security issues.
- Creates best practices and standards for code/scripts/automation written to detect or prevent new threats
- Designs and develops new tools/technologies as related to Information Security and shares them with the community.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of BillGo Information Security standards as well as industry information security best practices, frameworks, laws and regulations.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Experience with 3 – 5+ years of Information Security experience.
- Ability to code
- Experience with AWS and Azure security environments and tools
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- Ability to work with others on complex tasks. Ability to enforce standards.
Recommended but not required:
- OSCP or NIST standards
- Experience with Payments a plus
- Experience with scaling a hypergrowth company