We are obsessed with helping businesses deliver better digital products and experiences for their customers. Quantum Metric is paving the way for Continuous Product Design, a brand new methodology that is helping enterprises embrace digital transformation. Major enterprises across industries ranging from quick service restaurants to airlines and everything in between are reaping the benefits. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
Our number one goal at QM is happy people, happy culture. We offer numerous committees and resource groups, including the Women’s Resource Group, Parent’s ERG, and our DEI committee, to name a few. We bring the culture of a small knit startup to a rapidly expanding company, which has tripled its size in just 2 years. Our executives and managers come from an impressive range of backgrounds and are passionate about enabling their team to find their passion. Many of our employees work remotely, though we also have satellite offices in Chicago, Denver, and Colorado Springs.
🚀 About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on & experienced Security Engineer to join our team! At Quantum Metric, our customers' privacy and security comes first. We are looking for a security superstar who is just as passionate about data privacy. As a Security Engineer, you will help maintain a secure environment for our Quantum Metric customers as you assist in researching, designing, and implementing the overall cyber security strategy, keeping information safe, and eliminating risks across our products and internal systems. You are always curious, enjoy digging into the details, and are always eager to go above and beyond to help others protect our systems. We are a fast growing company in hyper growth mode, and if this opportunity feels like the next step in your career, this could be the right opportunity for you!
- Assist in implementing a comprehensive information security and IT risk management program for Quantum Metric
- Design, advocate, and help build secure-by-default infrastructure, and work with operational teams to identify gaps and improve procedures
- Collaborate with product and technical teams as they develop new services & features, with an keen eye on privacy and security
- Collaborate with DevOps engineers to design, recommend and configure appropriate security controls and procedures in Cloud environments
- Ensure the secure deployment, configuration, and patching of container and virtual images at scale
- Design and administer strict authentication and role-based access controls to critical business applications
- Assist in data mapping & classification across all business applications and departments
- Provide guidance on enterprise privacy & security policies and procedures
- Manage security assessments and communicate findings to all proper stakeholders for remediation
- Design and maintain an enterprise SIEM program, providing real-time visibility on security alerts across the enterprise
- Monitor for any security incidents and assist all technical teams in responding to and mitigating any perceived threats to the environment
- Maintain a comprehensive vulnerability management program to identify any security gaps in cloud assets and services
- Regularly monitor vulnerability advisories and disclosures and ensure adequate follow up by all stakeholders
- Analyze trends and news in the threat and compliance landscape, and implement emerging security solutions to continuously improve Quantum Metric’s security posture
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer Information Security or a related technical discipline or proven work experience as a Security Engineer
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following fields: security engineering, network security, cloud security, authentication and federation protocols, and cryptography
- Experience with cloud security, Kubernetes & container security, with focus on applications hosted on public cloud.
- Hands on experience with SIEM, IDS, next-gen AV software, authentication systems, log management etc
- Research of the latest security trends, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Experience in participating in incident responses, and must be available 24/7 for any critical incidents within the enterprise
- Experience with NIST, CIS, ISO information security management frameworks, and privacy laws such as GDPR, CCPA etc
- Knowledgeable in identifying and enforcing privacy and security best practices and compliance requirements
- A highly motivated individual, with a high degree of passion, persistence and integrity
- Ability to establish credibility and earn trust with a variety of other departments and leadership
- Consistent record of solving complex problems, and demonstrated ability to multi-task projects and redirect priorities as needed in a global high-growth technology company
- Compensation: $125,000-145,000
Nice to have :
- Experience in fast growing startup environments
- CISSP or equivalent security certifications are a plus
- Experience working with a fully remote and distributed team
- Ready to have fun and be part of an amazing team and company!
🏆 Perks and Benefits
This will be the best group that you ever work with! We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded. Most importantly, you'll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (99% Medical base plan paid by the Company)
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Voluntary Life & AD&D, STD, LTD
Healthy Rewards – Discount Programs
401k and Options / Equity
Time off (PTO, Sick days, Holidays)
11 company holidays
Sick leave (according to state mandated allocation)
In addition to our more traditional benefits, we also offer generous perks, a flexible work environment, and numerous resources for professional development and team building.
Rewards and recognitions programs
Robust onboarding and training program
One-time stipend for work at home employees
Flexible work environments
Employee Discount Program (Perks at Work)
Employee Referral Program
Lead Referral Program
Latest MacBook Pro and awesome swag delivered to your door
Supportive and collaborative culture
RECHARGE PROGRAM (after 3 years, disconnect for 3 weeks, no email/slack)
About Quantum Metric
As the pioneer in Continuous Product Design, Quantum Metric helps organizations put customers at the heart of everything they do. The Quantum Metric platform empowers a customer-centric culture, using quantified empathy to align business and technical teams to effectively prioritize customers needs based on business impact.
Today, Quantum Metric captures insights from 20 percent of the world’s internet users, supporting nationally recognized brands in ecommerce and retail, travel, financial services and telecommunications. 6 of our customers come from the top 25 Fortune 500 Companies. Our customer retention rate is 97%.
In January of 2021, Quantum Metric secured its place as the first tech unicorn of the year with an above $1 billion valuation and a $200 million Series B funding round, and we are using those funds to accelerate our product and people growth. Quantum Metric has been recognized as an excellent place to work by the Inc 5000 and the Deloitte 500.
If your background matches the above role and you’re interested in joining a team of people with exceptional potential from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences, we want to hear from you.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf