Security Compliance Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Security Compliance Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Manage a program to ensure Uplight’s compliance with applicable security controls, SOC2, and PCI.
- Create and manage a document and evidence repository in support of security compliance.
- Work closely with Engineering, Compliance and Legal teams to enhance privacy and security related business processes, messaging, training, and internal policies.
- Act as an advocate for Uplight in customer interactions on security issues.
- Respond to customer security questionnaires.
- Monitor trends and new developments in security compliance and standards and act as an information resource for Uplight.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 3+ years of information security, audit, or compliance specific experience.
- Understanding of and experience working with security assurance and trust frameworks (in particular SOC2)
- Strong understanding of security and IT concepts and terminology relevant to a cloud-hosted solution
- Experience interacting with external auditors and explaining technical concepts
- Familiarity with privacy and data protection laws (CCPA, GDPR) desirable
- PREFERRED CERTIFICATION(s): CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC*, Security +
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.