Ibotta is seeking a Security Architect to help us build and maintain world class technical security, data protection, and fraud prevention strategies and capabilities that protect Ibotta’s information resources, making the online experience safer for our millions of shoppers. We’re looking for an Architect who has the passion, expertise, and experience to take Ibotta to the next level.
This position is in Denver, Colorado, or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency and Advocate for Savers
- Bring deep technical expertise together with top-notch problem solving, mentoring, and collaboration skills to drive security strategy and solutions across Ibotta’s cloud-based technology stack.
- Work with the technical leads across the organization to develop a security vision/strategy that:
- Aligns security and abuse prevention strategies to the overall business and technology investment plans.
- Balances security, fraud prevention, and business risk/reward with cost and return on investment.
- Furthers Ibotta’s commitment to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Ibotta’s information resources.
- Engage with business leadership to provide security architecture expertise and guidance specific to a layered security defense, compliance mandates, and best practices.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures, and recommend changes and/or enhancements.
- Partner with Product, Enterprise Architecture, Engineering, IT, Operations, and Finance to align their objectives with goals to protect the enterprise.
- Act as a technical and professional mentor by asking good questions of teams, seeing the bigger picture, and introducing high-level ideas that teams can then execute. In addition to fostering human connections and communication across teams, Architects provide direct mentorship to tech resources in order to develop and encourage the Ibotta architects of the future.
- Develop strong and positive working relationships as a trustworthy collaborator with all technical, operations, engineering and product leaders in the group. Architects, in equal partnership with Engineering/Analytics Directors, Operations leadership, and Group Product Management will drive and be responsible for the direction and success of each group at Ibotta.
- Evaluate external cloud solutions and providers, and advise the Business on potential impacts to enterprise security posture, architecture, risk, and operations.
- Remain current with new security threats, emerging technologies, risks, etc. to ensure proactive defense.
- Perform risk and vulnerability assessments, code reviews, and other security evaluations as needed.
What we are looking for:
- A very seasoned and well-rounded engineering background consistent with being among the most senior technical resources in an organization. 10+ years of experience, with steadily increasing scope and responsibilities in security, data privacy, and/or abuse prevention.
- 5-8 years of architecture experience in a complex-multi-platform distributed environment, with some combination of:
- AWS Well-Architected Framework (Security Pillar)
- Mobile and/or end-user applications development
- Fraud identification/abuse prevention
- Insider threat and data loss prevention
- Cloud-based data privacy engineering
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements, and industry trends.
- Familiarity with security control frameworks and privacy regulations (ex: CCPA, SSAE 18/SOC 2, ISO, OWASP, NIST, etc.)
- Knowledge of secure cloud infrastructure design, identity and access management, database access, authentication methods (including security protocols like OAuth), logging, input validation, security testing, encryption implementation,
- Proficiency with some combination of java, ruby on rails, python, php, node.js, angular, react, API/web services, relational databases and AWS lake formation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook.
- A collaborative and friendly approach to problem solving.
- A passion for teaching, mentorship, and getting satisfaction from seeing those around them succeed.
- Well organized and goal-oriented in terms of achieving objectives and key results while keeping the bigger organizational goals and success in mind.
- The ability to adapt to changing environments, and comfort with fast paced environments and leading amidst ambiguity.
- Some combination of security and/or data privacy certifications (ex: CISSP-ISSAP, CISM, CEH, CPT, OSCP, GDSA, CNDA, CIPP/US/EU/CIPT, AWS certified security, etc.)
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $160,000 - $175,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.