Security Architect Senior at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Security Architect Senior
Design, build, develop, configure, test, maintain, integrate, and enhance physical and technical security system architecture focusing on intrusion detection, notification of suspicious activity and denial of intrusions. Provide risk management, technical security standards, data governance and regulatory compliance across the organization to Ball Management.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead or participate in activities to design, implement and sustain security architecture, frameworks, standards, and guidance regarding functional areas of application, process, and infrastructure within Ball.
- Responsible for system design of physical security intrusion detection and access control systems, configuration, design documentation, software, and system upgrades (i.e., patching, etc.).
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements for perimeter and ICD 705 spaces; researching information security standards; supporting system security activities; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; create “scope or work” documents; and review vendor quotes.
- Maintain security by monitoring, testing, and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Develop physical security procedures, maintenance schedules, system training guides, and testing protocols
- Provide technical supervision for (and guidance to) internal and external support teams, oversee technical teams during security or other IT updates.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics, and operation/product manuals.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electronics, Engineering, or Informational Technology preferred.
- Current TS/SCI preferred.
- Preferred Experience:
- ICD 705 and UL 2050 physical and technical security design
- Project management and scheduling software
- Auto CAD, Draft sight, Bluebird
- Developing security related elements for proposals and policies
- Security Risk Analysis
- Physical security intrusion detection systems
- Physical security access control systems
- Video Management Systems
- IP cameras
- Virtual turnstiles
- Protective distribution systems (PDS)
- Certifications and Trainings:
- Lenel Hardware & Software certification (Onguard) / Lenel certified professional
- Digital Monitoring Products (DMP)
- Security Information Systems (SIS)
- Network integrity systems
- CompTIA Security+, Network+
- ASIS PSP Physical Security Professional
- Milestone VMS
- Axis, Sony and Wisenet Cameras
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.