Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that allows consumers to receive more transparency and confidence around their healthcare. As a Security Analyst, you will provide threat management, hunting, investigation, and monitoring of our information systems. You will conduct analysis and determine the relevancy of threats and profile threat actor behavior and the cyber threat landscape. We will also lean on you to implement recommendations that will remediate and prevent threats.
In this role, you will join a team of hardworking security and infrastructure engineers and partner with other multi-functional groups to utilize your technical skills to research and collect behavioral indicators, assess those indicators, compile investigations on threat actors, research broad and targeted attacks, and create a variety of reports. This is a superb opportunity for someone to develop their career while putting their curiosity and detective skills to work.
What You Will Do:
- Research advanced, targeted attacks, crimeware campaigns, malware and other new technologies, and techniques to identify and report on cyber-attacks and attackers
- Actively research, identify, categorize and produce reports on new and existing threats
- Understand and evaluate the cyber threat landscape, and assess what threats are most relevant to Healthgrades
- Conduct insightful research on observed and noteworthy threats, as discovered using open and proprietary source as well as vendor-provided intelligence
- Assess behavioral threat indicators and patterns to enhance our SIEM program
- Supply actionable long-term recommendations to other teams and departments
- Provide additional support and insight to teams as requested, including assistance with incident investigation
- Partake in learning opportunities via new tools and trainings to develop expertise
- Communicate security expertise across Healthgrades teams to reduce security risk, improve awareness, and build better products
- Ensure compliance to Healthgrades’ control framework and standard methodologies through continuous monitoring and gap analysis
- Provide support and guidance for legal and regulatory compliance efforts, including audit support
What You Will Bring:
- Self-starter with drive and initiative to take problems from discovery to resolution
- Knowledge of emerging threats and offensive security techniques is required
- Experience operating a Security Incidents and Events Manager (SIEM) is helpful
- Some experience with Bash or similar Unix-based terminal emulators is required
- A native love for learning and love for information security
- A detailed oriented and investigative mindset
- 1 – 2 years of information security experience preferred, additional related experience will be considered.
- Solid grasp of IT infrastructure, system interactions, attack vectors, security analysis, and information security best practices
- Proficiency with monitoring and alerting tools and security reporting programs
- Strong familiarity with web hosting practices, firewalls, incident management, open source technologies/environments, and anti-virus tools
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping millions connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game – evolving culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partnering with local charity and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts and more!