SecOPs Engineer at Zen Planner
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
The SecOps Engineer is a role for the motivated security/hacker/engineer that wants to secure and protect our network environments. The SecOps Engineer supports the security and processes across production and non-production environments and creates innovative security solutions and works with the compliance team during audits to automate and collect evidence. This position will be an instrumental part of our TechOps team, which exists to build and support the network and compliance needs of our products and customers. The SecOps Engineer will be successful in this role if they have a deep love for security, automation, building secure systems, embracing new technologies, and sharing with teammates.
The SecOps Engineer reports to the Security and Compliance Manager.
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Create and maintain standard security operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure issues and incidents
- Develop technical solutions with security tools and processes to help mitigate security vulnerabilities along with automating repeatable tasks
- Deploy security software and hardware, and regular updates as needed to secure and protect networks
- Check firewalls and data encryption technologies in order to determine when a replacement is needed
- Monitor networks and systems for intrusions
- Update policies that ensure all systems follow regulatory security standards and compliance
- Investigate to determine root cause of security incidents
- Review server hardening rules quarterly and apply to servers.
- Run scans for unencrypted credit cards against databases for all products
- Run internal penetration testing quarterly for all products.
- Review and research system and component level alerts and provide remediations as necessary
- Three (3)+ years of relevant experience
- Proven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Hands-on experience in firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies
- Technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong background with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Familiarity with various compliance such as PCI-DSS, SOC 1, SOC 2, GDPR among others.
- Exposure to the payment card or financial industries
- Associate’s Degree (or another 2-year degree) or Coding Bootcamp with education in Information Technology and Computer Science
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field/experience
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS and/or colo data centers
- Experience with SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of security automation
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- CompTIA Security+
- DSOE: DevSecOps Engineering
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments