SCADA Engineer II, Operations Engineering at Invenergy (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
About The Position
Enjoy a challenge? Invenergy is growing and looking for a SCADA engineer to support our growing Instrumentation and Controls team. Invenergy is looking for a SCADA engineer excited to use their analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve the current SCADA systems and drive overall business and systems performance. The right candidate will research, evaluate and stay current on latest SCADA tools and techniques so that we live up to our Invenergy name, Innovation in Energy. As a SCADA Engineer, you will work as part of a growing SCADA team that is responsible for maintaining the current SCADA infrastructure at numerous clean energy projects including wind, solar, battery and natural gas throughout North America, Latin America, and Europe. This position will be based in our Chicago headquarters or Denver office.
- Develop and implement configuration plans for new project startup, including, but not limited to coordination with other utilities, development of points lists, RTU configuration, HMI, and ancillary equipment setup to meet all relevant requirements.
- Support operating facilities with upkeep/troubleshooting of existing substation controls systems, including RTUs, communications processors, meters, and protective relays.
- Partner with the Electrical Engineering group for data acquisition as well as controls configuration and maintenance.
- Review and edit as-built documentation and changes to drawings/documentation related to SCADA systems as needed.
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to troubleshoot/improve SCADA system reliability to drive overall business and systems performance.
- Examine, evaluate, and stay current on SCADA-related tools and technologies.
- Ensure the SCADA environment addresses business requirements.
- 2-5 years of relevant SCADA software experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify, solve and communicate complex problems.
- Experience with various communications protocols (DNP3, Modbus, OPC, SEL FM, and/or IEC 61850)
- Understanding of IT networks.
- Travel required – 20%
- OSIsoft PI experience
- Programming language (C#, C, IEC 61131, CRBASIC) knowledge
- Experience with LIDAR and ADLS systems
- HMI Design and integration
- Experience with configuration of communications processors (SEL RTAC), dataloggers (Campbell Scientific), meters (PowerLogic, SEL), protective relays (SEL, GE)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
$81,700 to $92,625
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.