Satellite System Engineer
Support the management and execution of satellite systems engineering activities for DigitalGlobe’s imaging satellites, with immediate focus on the Legion satellites now in development. Working with other departments and engineers, this person will help develop satellite requirements and system/subsystem budgets, perform trade studies, and develop alternative solutions. This person will interact directly with our contractors, providing insight and oversight into the contractor’s development activities including design, manufacturing, test, troubleshooting, and launch.
The combined total qualifications of each candidate will be considered, including education, experience, and areas of expertise.
- At least 7 years of experience in the following general disciplines:
- Requirements development for Low Earth Orbit Imaging Satellites including Conops development
- System budgeting and performance analysis
- Demonstrated deep expertise in at least one satellite subsystem
- Demonstrated knowledge of Bus and Instrument Integration and Test
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Physics, or equivalent degree or experience
- Low Earth Orbit Imaging Satellite operations experience including tasking, troubleshooting, and anomaly resolution
- Government security clearance at the Top Secret or higher level; or the ability to get such a clearance
- Demonstrated deep expertise in Attitude Determination and Control
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.