Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What’s the role?
As a Salesforce Lead Engineer at Xero, you will work on New Zealand’s largest and most comprehensive Salesforce implementation working with a growing team of experienced and certified Salesforce practitioners. This role sits within Xero’s Customer Platforms team in the Customer Success Systems (CSS) domain, focussing predominantly on Service Cloud and Experience Cloud, plus other 3rd party add-ons/integrations on our tech stack. You will work with Customer Platform leads sharing ownership of the overall Salesforce platform from a technical and architectural perspective, while working as a trusted advisor on innovative product discovery initiatives with our Product team and stakeholders.
The CSS domain is a fast growing Product group behind two key products - Xero Central (Experience Cloud) and Xero In-Product Help. By leveraging the power of the Salesforce platform and utilising state-of-the-art AI & Machine Learning tools, we have achieved unprecedented success in customer experience and customer success, becoming exceedingly better in enabling our customers achieve their desired business outcomes through utilising the full power of Xero. Our strategies evolve around not just successful support, but also targeted learning and community engagement.
How you'll make an impact
You’ll work in collaboration with other Xeros to help create and deliver beautiful software to our customers, faster.
You’ll undertake software application development on applications in our suite of Products (including new ones), contributing to new or improved experiences for our customers, internal and external.
You’ll contribute to our cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and practices.
You'll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale. You will be enabled to seek clarity with technical complexities and be able to demonstrate smart ways to automate.
What you'll do:
- Create software - Care deeply about customer problems and technical excellence, produce robust high quality and scalable software. Relentlessly automate any manual processes. Contribute to technical solution designs that embrace a quality-first approach. Participate in code reviews.
- Test software - Design and automate testing activities that effectively reveal product quality across a range of risk areas and acceptance criteria. Collaborate with the team and understand their own responsibility for quality.
- Resolve issues - Triage and solve development and production issues, and be able to quickly track down the root cause. Communicate the impact of the problem to stakeholders in terms of business value, helping to set a priority for the resolution. Actively participate in incident responses.
- Engineering standards & frameworks - Maintain knowledge of Xero’s current and emerging engineering standards and practices. Develop and deploy software that meets Xero's standards.
- Continuous improvement - Maintain knowledge of current and emerging development technologies and methodologies. Develop expertise in one or more programming languages and ecosystem specific technologies.
- Deliver infrastructure in a production environment - Maintain and monitor delivery processes. Ensure all software is running as expected and proactively work to prevent customer facing problems.
- Modern software and delivery practices - Practice agile software development. Occasionally facilitate agile ceremonies. Proactively work to improve team processes
What you'll bring:
- Experience delivering solutions with Salesforce Service and Experience Clouds
- Prior experience implementing and architecting Salesforce solutions at scale in enterprise level organisations
- Experience with full Salesforce.com development and implementation lifecycle including deployment tools and processes such as GitHub, SFDX, DX CLI, TeamCity, and Testing automation.
- Salesforce Certifications are highly beneficial as well as other programming language experience like node.js
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
- In one of our #beautiful offices (Auckland, Wellington or Melbourne)
- Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
- Permanently Remote
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.